Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI Victoria - Approved!!!

STNI Victoria - Approved!!!

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future
Default STNI Victoria - Approved!!!

Had email today, we've been accepted!!!

Can't quite believe it but its true!!!

Wow... heven't heard from TRA yet though so am still nervous.

Ian is a welder (first class).

Have a great weekend guys!!!

Tracey and Ian
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: STNI Victoria - Approved!!!

Originally posted by traceyandian

Tracey and Ian

Great news, looks like a good weekend for you. Look forward to seeing you at a Melbourne meet one day.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Tracey and Ian
After I was stni approved by Victoria it only took 9 weeks to get the visa after submitting the full application, and the xmas holidays were in the middle of that so if you haven't started to sort things out to go and you want to go quick I'd get cracking if I were you

congrats and good luck

Andy - 9 days to go
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Crikey Andy, didn't think it could happen that quick!!!

I was thinking it would take about a year!

We'll have to wait and see I suppose...

Fingers crossed... and legs... and arms...

Tracey
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hello
I got stni victoria in May and am still waiting.....so dont panic just yet. Im hoping to hear soon.

However I understand that if you have stni it is usually half the usual application times eg 6 months.
Good luck
Irene
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:54 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Crikey Andy, didn't think it could happen that quick!!!

I was thinking it would take about a year!

We'll have to wait and see I suppose...

Fingers crossed... and legs... and arms...

Tracey
It took us about 16 weeks to get it, after being given the OK for STNI & sending all the stuff to DIMIA. I can well remember what a nerve-wracking time THAT was! And how thrilling it was to get that coveted yellow envelope, too!

Good luck, hope yours comes soon - see you in Melbourne one day!

Anya.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:03 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
It took us about 16 weeks to get it, after being given the OK for STNI & sending all the stuff to DIMIA. I can well remember what a nerve-wracking time THAT was! And how thrilling it was to get that coveted yellow envelope, too!
Nothing compared to that piece of paper stuck into the passport though!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:12 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by andy thomas
After I was stni approved by Victoria it only took 9 weeks to get the visa after submitting the full application, and the xmas holidays were in the middle of that so if you haven't started to sort things out to go and you want to go quick I'd get cracking if I were you

congrats and good luck

Andy - 9 days to go
Andy did you just look at the skills required list on the vic website and e'mail them. also have they stopped you living in melbourne our any of the other bigger cities.
cheers
andy
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by woody1974
Andy did you just look at the skills required list on the vic website and e'mail them. also have they stopped you living in melbourne our any of the other bigger cities.
cheers
andy
I did use an agent for the whole process, although as carpentry was on their list at the time, I would still have got it if I was diong it DIY.

The only restriction when acquiring permanent residency through STNI is that you must remain in the sponsoring state for a minimum of two years. I can choose to live in whatever part of Victoria I like including all of Melbourne. After the two years you can choose to move to any part of Australia, again no restrictions.

Andy
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

clementd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI?

Hi,

Please tell me what STNI stands for.

Thanks.

And good luck in Victoria!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: STNI?

Originally posted by clementd
Hi,

Please tell me what STNI stands for.

Thanks.

And good luck in Victoria!
STNI stands for State/Territory Nominated Independent

basically if you have between 70 and 120 points and your occupation is on a skills in demand list for either Victoria, South Australia or Tasmania (the 3 participating states within the scheme) and you agree to settle in that particular state then that government can elect to sponser you into Australia and the application is fast tracked.

hope that makes sense of it for you

Andy
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:11 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by andy thomas
I did use an agent for the whole process, although as carpentry was on their list at the time, I would still have got it if I was diong it DIY.

The only restriction when acquiring permanent residency through STNI is that you must remain in the sponsoring state for a minimum of two years. I can choose to live in whatever part of Victoria I like including all of Melbourne. After the two years you can choose to move to any part of Australia, again no restrictions.

Andy
cheers andy thank for your help, may see you over there sooner than i expected
andy