Stni Sa

Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

markcrute is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Stni Sa

Just wanted too ask (if anyone can remember) when they applied for stni with SA how long did it take to get a reply from them.

Also would i be right in saying once a state has nominated you and you pass subsequent police & medical checks then their shoudn't be a problem gaining a PR visa

Cheers
Mark
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

you should get a reply fairly soon..esp if you email..say 2 weeks or so

they will send you some info and ask some questions..

if you want a full timeline i think i still have all the correspondance etc

cheers

richard
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

markcrute is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by r.bartlett
you should get a reply fairly soon..esp if you email..say 2 weeks or so

they will send you some info and ask some questions..

if you want a full timeline i think i still have all the correspondance etc

thanks for your reply richard but i dont think i made myself very clear, I have already sent in the application last week some time i was just enquiring if anyone knows how long it takes to get an answer from them
week/month/3months that kind of thing

Mark
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Once my brother-in-law put his STNI application in (as opposed to just making the initial enquiry) it took around 4 weeks to get a letter from the STNI board saying that he had been accepted for State nomination and they were going to send all the paperwork to DIMIA. He got a letter from DIMIA about 6 or 7 weeks after that, saying that they had accepted the State Nomination and that his application would be fast-tracked (or words to that effect). He's been waiting two weeks now, no call for medicals or anything, although another poster here only waited a couple of days after their DIMIA letter before getting a request for medicals (I guess it depends on the workload of your case officer).

STNI alone won't get you in, your application will still be assessed by DIMIA to make sure you fit all the criteria. However, I think it is pretty OK to assume that once you have been asked for medicals and police checks your visa will follow shortly(by that I mean within a month or two).

STNI applications usually take 4 - 6 months from start to finish, rather than the 50 weeks quoted by DIMIA for a standard skilled visa.

Have you checked out the austimeline site, where people post all the dates that they applied, got asked for more info etc, got their visa.

regards adelaidegirl
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

Hiya!

Got my PR visa - via STNI from SA - in April after applying (for STNI) late last October. Got STNI approval just after Xmas, got medicals/police checks done March. Hope this helps

Steve.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:56 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stni Sa

Originally posted by markcrute
Just wanted too ask (if anyone can remember) when they applied for stni with SA how long did it take to get a reply from them.

Also would i be right in saying once a state has nominated you and you pass subsequent police & medical checks then their shoudn't be a problem gaining a PR visa

Cheers
Mark
We applied for STNI on the 7th August 03. Had a reply back from the SA goverment to say that we had been accepted for nomination on the 15th August 03.

We were told by our immigration consultants a couple of days later to get our police clearances done. This took about 8 days.

We have heard nothing since.

Been told it could take up to 6 months for DIMIA to look at our case due to a backlog.

Hurry up, Hurry up.

Cheers.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

It took about 7 days for SA to reply and send us our declaration for us to fill in. Returned the declaration one night and the following morning had an email advising that we had been accepted and that it was now up to DIMIA. That was a week ago.

We have front loaded our police and Meds and our consultant is going to contact DIMIA hoping that this may push the application along.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

we're going via STNI - look @ 'hopeful' on Austimeline

Hazel