Reload this Page >

STNI - Recd mail from SA

STNI - Recd mail from SA

Old Aug 4th 2002, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

vini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI - Recd mail from SA

Hi

I wrote to South Australia regional migration deptt. on 7th June to be considered for STNI category. My application is already filed under subclass 136. I am a toolmaker with 18years experience in tool & die making. I recd. a mail from regional migration deptt. to send my TRA assessment document & my resume which i did. They than again asked me for further information regarding my financial status in terms of Fixed deposits, movable & immovable assets, Income tax statements etc. & other details . I replied to these queries on 3rd July. I again recd. a call from immigration depptt. to send reply to 2 more queries i.e.

1. Question: Do you have friends or relatives living in Australia?
You answered Yes to this question, but you did not mention their
relationship to you or where they were living.

2. Question: At the time of your migration application which areas of
Australia were your preferred places of residence?
You answered New South Wales. Is there a reason for wanting to reside in
New South Wales?
At the time of my migration application I had given NSW as my preffered choice, so they asked me these questions.

I have send replies to both these questions.

Can anyone tell what should I conclude now because the questions they have asked according to me are not of much relevance as they have not asked any further questions related to my experience & assets etc. as I have already provided enough documentary evidence regarding that.

How much time do these people take in deciding a case?

I am sorry I have gone a little lengthy.
Old Aug 4th 2002, 7:27 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: STNI - Recd mail from SA

Sounds to me as if you are borderline in them offering to take you up on STNI or they still have concerns about you, ie they would like you to further demonstrate that a) you would really have friends/ rellies in Australia (and possibly in SA or not so far away) who would help substantiate your strong desire to establish yourself in Aus, b) are you genuine in wanting to stay in SA when you originally wanted to live in NSW?
Old Aug 4th 2002, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Vini , like Newstartnz says they are after your commitment to Sa or maybe your lack of it, if you fancy SA tell them and be straight otherwise it may backfire on you and then what.
We went through the Q's & A's process with them, we originally put WA but had already decided against WA we have people (relations) in WA but no-one in SA so we had to convince them of our intentions.
we are set on Adelaide but I wouldn't try to fool them

Paul
Old Aug 5th 2002, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Vinni,

Same here, we're going through the same thing and we have had to give addresses of friends and rellies in SA. We wanted to stay in Adelaide that was our first choice, but if you've already told them on your application NSW was your first choice then they'll have doubts.

Darren's also a toolmaker and we know for a fact there's a distinct lack of toolies in SA. They will just want to make sure that if they give you state nomination that you'll stay.

Like Paul said don't try to fool them as it could and probably will back fire!

Good Luck with your decision,

Julie