Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stni moral/legal what if?

stni moral/legal what if?

Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

juan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy stni moral/legal what if?

i used stni with all the intention of staying for 2 years, and not as a quick route, but after arriving 6 weeks ago, i have not found any work similar to what i have done in england within my area, (the only one was a 3 hours drive each way!) money is dwindling and with children to feed it wont last forever. and i have looked at doing other things but i have always had the same trade and they all seem to want experience, i have been offered a job in brisbane the money isnt as much as england which i can accept, but the job is there! i have read that it is a moral obligation that i have, and not a legal one but if i go do i tell them first or will they come looking for me, has any one else done this, has it come back to haunt you further down the line? will i still get citizenship, i know they may introduce something that is legally binding but wont it be too late then....at the end of the day is it not better to be working anywhere than claiming??
please help my head is in bits with this decision, i know im not the first, surely?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stni moral/legal what if?

Originally posted by juan
i used stni with all the intention of staying for 2 years, and not as a quick route, but after arriving 6 weeks ago, i have not found any work similar to what i have done in england within my area, (the only one was a 3 hours drive each way!) money is dwindling and with children to feed it wont last forever. and i have looked at doing other things but i have always had the same trade and they all seem to want experience, i have been offered a job in brisbane the money isnt as much as england which i can accept, but the job is there! i have read that it is a moral obligation that i have, and not a legal one but if i go do i tell them first or will they come looking for me, has any one else done this, has it come back to haunt you further down the line? will i still get citizenship, i know they may introduce something that is legally binding but wont it be too late then....at the end of the day is it not better to be working anywhere than claiming??
please help my head is in bits with this decision, i know im not the first, surely?

I Advise you post this question in the Immigration forum, a few agents may read it there.

good luck with whatever you choose

Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

juan is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers mate ill try that i wasnt sure were to put it, im new to this posting stuff!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:40 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be honest and go to your local Immigration Office and tell them your problem. I'm sure they'll understand you want to do good by your family, they'll be more accomodating especially if you tell them you have a job offer even though it is in another state.

Honesty is the best policy especially when dealing with Immigration !

Good luck.