Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI - Moral or Legal ?

STNI - Moral or Legal ?

Old Jan 29th 2004, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

metter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI - Moral or Legal ?

I have been offered SA STNI. As I want to move to SA this seems like a good idea.
Should the worst happen and we want to move out of SA or get offered a too good to be true job :-) what is our state of play? Can we leave for another area or must we stay?

Metter
Old Jan 30th 2004, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't legally have to stay, they won't revoke your visa. However, let's hope you do decide to stay in SA for two years at least, because the SA immigration people do check from time to time that you are settled here. The more people who take up STNI and then move on to other States, the more likely it is that the SA government will eventually decide to stop utilising the STNI scheme, on the grounds that it is of no benefit to SA.

adelaidegirl
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

metter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by adelaidegirl
You don't legally have to stay, they won't revoke your visa. However, let's hope you do decide to stay in SA for two years at least, because the SA immigration people do check from time to time that you are settled here. The more people who take up STNI and then move on to other States, the more likely it is that the SA government will eventually decide to stop utilising the STNI scheme, on the grounds that it is of no benefit to SA.

adelaidegirl
I have no plans not to stay and from what I hear my family and I should love it. Just nice to know IF we hate it or other reasons crop up which cause us to move we won't get hounded out of Australia. See you in Adelaide.

Metter