STNI ? i think?

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:21 am
kez
Forum Regular

kez is on a distinguished road
Default STNI ? i think?

we are planning to move to OZ but it seems so expensive just to apply so an alternative might be the State Nominated route (dont know if i got the abbreviation right though???

Has anyone used this route and if so how did it work out - i dont want to end but in the arse end of nowhere!!!!:scared:

thanks loads for any help.

kez
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

Even if you get an STNI - which I did, you still must pay the DIMIA application fees, Professional Association Skills Assessment fees, and possibly medical exam fees. The only thing that STNI offers free of charge is your sponsorship nomination, should you be lucky enough to receive it.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 5:32 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, same fees apply with or without STNI.
And if you think it's expensive to apply have you looked into how much moving your whole life to oz will be?.
Very expensive move and the application part is the lower end of the scale, you should do some homework re: fares, removals, accomodation, employment etc.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:12 am
DarrenD

Not cheap. We've reckoned on about £1500 incl. meds, and another £3500 for transport, and £2000 for flights, totalling about £7000 (not incl. cost of housing and living costs whilst looking for job)

Still, the other way to look at it is its the cost of a small car - which would you rather have ?

Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:34 am
kez
Forum Regular

Default STNI

its not that i dont mind paying - we understood that we would, and i am expecting the actual move to cost quite a lot, but i am just worried that i pay out all this money for the application but then what if we arent granted the visa - thats a lot of money to chuck down the drain. we seem to meet the requirements for a skilled visa but its the 'what if's ' i think.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:47 am
DarrenD

Im with you on that... i'd rather put my money on the roulette wheel when the balls stopped and the wheel's not moving too....

Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:53 am
kez
Forum Regular

Originally posted by DarrenD
Im with you on that... i'd rather put my money on the roulette wheel when the balls stopped and the wheel's not moving too....

i have just had a job interview this morning - am waiting for an answer this afternoon- perhaps if i get the job i will be on such a high i will just sign the bloody thing and get it in the post!!!!