Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI- Application-Any migration consultants and STNI nominees,please!

STNI- Application-Any migration consultants and STNI nominees,please!

Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:32 pm
docpkgj

docpkgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI- Application-Any migration consultants and STNI nominees,please!

Could someone conversant with STNI rules/regualtions answer the following questions?

1.Can I apply for STNI nomination without assessment of skills by sending copies of professional qualifications/degrees to Immigration SA? Qualifications would speak for themselves.

2.How much money is to be shown to win a nomination? Probably you have to prove that you can live in SA without employment or resorting to Social Security benefits for some time.So how much money do you need to live that way for a family of 4 in SA?
Regards.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future
Default Re: STNI- Application-Any migration consultants and STNI nominees,please!

Originally posted by docpkgj
Could someone conversant with STNI rules/regualtions answer the following questions?

1.Can I apply for STNI nomination without assessment of skills by sending copies of professional qualifications/degrees to Immigration SA? Qualifications would speak for themselves.

no -no tra no stni

2.How much money is to be shown to win a nomination? Probably you have to prove that you can live in SA without employment or resorting to Social Security benefits for some time.So how much money do you need to live that way for a family of 4 in SA?
Regards.
no set amount just an indication of solvency and sustainability

cheers

richard
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:21 pm
docpkgj

docpkgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI-Application

As far as occupation is concerned,it is "Sonographer" and currently on MODL.Immigration SA invited me to apply for consideratiion. So what should I expect???
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:22 pm
Badge

Default Re: STNI-Application

I don't think you need a skills assessment but in my view it will strengthen your case

regards
badgers

Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: STNI-Application

Originally posted by badgersmount
I don't think you need a skills assessment but in my view it will strengthen your case

regards
badgers

You may apply and obtain STNI without a skills assessment BUT after getting STNI a positive skills assessment is still required or they will withdraw the STNI sponsorship......

Do the skills assessment at the same time as applying for STNI and you will have it ready for including with your full application
Old Aug 1st 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

south australia will not entertain stni unless a positive tra assessment for an 'in demand' skill is in provided....-

ie no tra no stni ...

there is no way round this to s.a..pure and simple...

victoria will consider stni prior tra but unless positive no stni will be granted ....

cheers

richard
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone who got STNI from SA last week (they did already have TRA). They put down that they had $60K to support themselves, for a family of 4. So if you've got more than that you know you should be OK, and personally I think they could have got in with less ... as you say, the SA Gov just want to be sure you can support yourselves if you don't get a job within the first 2 years. regards adelaidegirl
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

nawab1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: STNI- Application-Any migration consultants and STNI nominees,please!

Dear Friend,

Our timeline is also available at the end of our every message.
Our assessment took around 2 and half months and after that visa application process took 4 and half months,all together 7 months.Now its going to be one year soon we are living in Sydney.I think we are so lucky.

Thanks
Nawab1