Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Still selling the Bloody house!

Still selling the Bloody house!

Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Unhappy Still selling the Bloody house!

Well, we have been here now for 3 mths. Our house has been on the market since March and it still hasn't sold.

We originally put it on the market for 215, it now stands at 195. Had an offer today for 185, why am I not jumping for joy?

I originally (an partly) still want to keep it and rent it out. I don't know what the future holds and am a very cautious person when it comes to money. Hubbie wants to sell it and buy over here. We are currently living off one wage so the extra money would be nice.

On top of that we recently instructed an new agent and he showed a client our details and promptly went and told the old estate agent our plans before our time with them was up - yes, multiply fee to pay now!

I am so fed up with the whole bloody thing

Don't know what to do for the best, hubbie has said if they can offer over 190 they it is theres.

Mandy
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:14 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still selling the Bloody house!

We know the bloody feeling!!!! We put ours on in May - Agents valued it at anything from £210 to £225 we are now at £199950 and are getting very desperate as we want to leave for Oz first week in December (Yes this year).

We have a couple coming to look on Sat Morning but they came from www.homeonsale.co.uk. Not the agent!! This on line service is for anywhere around the world worth logging on to?

Where are you? are you Aus or here - maybe we could do a swap if you are in Sydney Area and you want to come back to blighty.

I think I will set up an agency for this sort of thing - swapping like for like internationally.

Good luck and let us know how you get on - market is very slow here at moment.

L & D
Old Oct 1st 2004, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Re: Still selling the Bloody house!

We are in Cairns and have been in Oz for 3mths so, sorry cannot exchange houses!

We have also put our house on the internet and have had a fair few viewing but not offeres.

We have no knowledge of renting a house and what worries me is if anthing goes wrong and us having to foot the bill from here.

Mandy