Still for sale

Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

nursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura about
Default Still for sale

OMG!!! I cant believe my house is still up for sale for fekks sake!

Im on a 457 visa and thank god im a nurse as they have held my job for 1 year now !!!! :scared:

What the hell is going on in the housing market eh?

Anyone???

nursegirl34
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Still for sale

Originally Posted by nursegirl34

Im on a 457 visa and thank god im a nurse as they have held my job for 1 year now !!!! :scared:

Anyone???

nursegirl34
I am in the same boat as you and its really beginning to get me down, because theres bugger all I can do about it!!!
Had a visa since July, the house market is shocking here, house showing no sign of going anywhere

One day, one day....

Donna xxxx
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

nursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dh1905
I am in the same boat as you and its really beginning to get me down, because theres bugger all I can do about it!!!
Had a visa since July, the house market is shocking here, house showing no sign of going anywhere

One day, one day....

Donna xxxx

Its a pain in the ass, ive had my visa since april!
I cant take much more, wanted to be out by Christmas at the latest.
Have to keep moving the golaposts and apologising to my employer!!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Its a pain in the ass, ive had my visa since april!
I cant take much more, wanted to be out by Christmas at the latest.
Have to keep moving the golaposts and apologising to my employer!!!
I know what you mean, we had a fully furnished rented house all sorted which we are going to lose, as we really thought we would be sold up for now, and be ready for moving to Oz in January. It would have given us time to ship out furniture and get organised, now we dont know what the hells happening or when!!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

theres bugger all I can do about it!!!

Donna xxxx
are you sure????
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Reduce the price. You will always find a price when someone will be tempted by a bargain.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

One day, one day....

Donna xxxx

We are in the same boat, visa since May, house on the market since June 1st, we had over 20 viewings and last week accepted an offer 18K below the asking price. The way we looked at it was that we had never seen that money and that it would cost us to leave the house empty, mortage, insurance, rates etc so we accepted and the buyers are not in a chain and want to move asap.

Good luck it will happen soon.

John
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reduce the price. You will always find a price when someone will be tempted by a bargain.
Hi,
We have reduced the price already and dont really think we can afford to reduce it again.

My sensible head says-We dont have that much equity in the property as it is and we dont want to lose what we have, we are going out with 2 children and really want to have a bit of spare money just in case.

Sod it head says- Just reduce and get rid of the house and make a go of it in Oz with however little money we have anyway!!

:scared: :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Still for sale

Another poster who knows exactly how you feel!!!
We've had our visa since New Year but had to finish doing the house and being so naive we thought the house would sell within 4 months in the worst conditions!!! What were we thinking???

As it happens we've had about 20 viewings since May - that's only about 4 viewings per month!!! We had a spurt of viewings in July/August time but we haven't had anything since early September!!!! WTF??

As it happens another property on our cul-de-sac has just gone on the market for a staggering 20,000 more than our property (although it does have a bigger garden and a conservatory) so i'm hoping viewers will come down the street, see theirs and opt for the cheaper of the two!!!
Nowt like thinking positive is there????

We'll be here til 2006 now and we're just focusing on making this xmas the best one with family and friends!!! Although we're lucky as we don't have any deadlines like jobs, etc!!! Good Luck everyone!!!!
Michelle x x x
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:35 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you all feel trying to sell your houses.. It's a really crap time as you feel like its NEVER going to happen. It took 15 months to sell our house. It was priced well below most in the area and we STILL took an offer on it. Hang in there....it will happen sooner or later.

You also have to seriously look at the minimum you can realistically afford to take on it, as you're gonna need every penny when you get here as wages are nowhere near as much as in the uk.

Whatever monies you think you're gonna need...calculate it then DOUBLE it....especially if you have kids!

Good Luck to you all

Petra
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:41 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Anyone???

nursegirl34
Hang in there girl - Someone, somewhere wants YOUR house. I know it's sooo frustrating. Ours is still on market and I'm going on 9th Jan whatever. Have already reduced price...whoever buys it is getting a bargain!

My agent told me this morning that it's really picking up now in Wales..mmmmmm I'll be the judge of that!

Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Anyone???

nursegirl34
Dont give up, we was on the market for 8mths and only just sold the bloody thing, it will sell it's just the housing market is really really slow at the mo.

Good Luck, iv'e sent you some Karma.

paula.