Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STILL NO VISA - On phone to AHC for 1hr!!!

STILL NO VISA - On phone to AHC for 1hr!!!

Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STILL NO VISA - On phone to AHC for 1hr!!!

Zoe phoned AHC today - was put on hold from 11 til 12 and then RUDELY CUT OFF!!!

Its been 14 days now since they received my further info requested by them.

How long now people ?? Any clues. Perhaps they have granted it and thats why its taking a while

Does it take long for the passport to be 'stickered'???

Anth
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:12 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: STILL NO VISA - On phone to AHC for 1hr!!!

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Zoe phoned AHC today - was put on hold from 11 til 12 and then RUDELY CUT OFF!!!

How long now people ?? Any clues. Perhaps they have granted it and thats why its taking a while

Anth
Hi Anthony

is there an e-mail address you could try instead of calling them? If so it may be worth e-mailing them. However if AHC are anything like ASPC they will not give status updates.

Try and think positively. You know they have recieved and started progressing your application (hence the request for more information). They have kept your passport, so they must be planning on doing something with it. The extra information you have sent has been recieved, so now it is only a matter of time.

I know it is hard but try to remain calm - the decision cannot be far off now. Try not to do what I did and left everything else in your life go to pot. When I was at your stage of waiting I made a couple of costly mistakes at work which could have resulted in my dismissal - the last thing I need as I am not leaving for a few months yet and need my job until I go.

If worse comes to worse and you haven't heard in a couple of days then call them and say that you need your passport to open an Oz bank account (which is feasible enough) - ask if they have any idea when you will get it back? This way you are asking a direct question which is not for a status update.

Good luck, and I really hope you and Zoe hear something soon

Mel
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheers

Thanks for that Jan.

I am finding it difficult because I am scared that they are going to refuse me BUT am also very positive because the info that I sent off was unreal and very specific.

I will keep every crossable joint on my body together and hope that the postie arrives some time soon with the visa.

Cheers for putting up with me!

Anth
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:50 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Anth
Wow, If their call rates are anything like the NZIS, that's £60 for the phone company.........someone's making a profit at least...:scared:
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:42 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

You need to chill out about this a bit.

I know its hard, but somethings things are out of your control and its best to just leave them awhile. All this fretting can't be doing you any good, and nothing you do will make AHC go any faster.

Maybe take a holiday from this website for a week or so. Might make it easier to forget about things.

Honestly - I am worried for your health.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by southerner
You need to chill out about this a bit.

I know its hard, but somethings things are out of your control and its best to just leave them awhile. All this fretting can't be doing you any good, and nothing you do will make AHC go any faster.

Maybe take a holiday from this website for a week or so. Might make it easier to forget about things.

Honestly - I am worried for your health.

I agree with you Southerner, but I also know how hard it is when we are all waiting. My husband nearly drove me mad. The poor postman thought he had a stalker.
We now have the visas, and he is driving me mad with the house sale. He keeps going round the house making sure that every nook and cranny is just right so that there is no way that the survey will fail us should we get a buyer.
I just hope that he chills out a bit when we get there.
There is nothing we can do until visas, house etc are sorted, and I too find it frustrating as you can't plan anything whilst in the waiting stages.

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:50 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Anth
You bloody better throw a monster party when you get the VISA mate
Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Anth
Surely it's a bit too early to be worrying about it? It's not like it's been years or anything, I'd just forget about it for a few weeks.

Personally I reckon it will take, say, 10mths? :scared:
..sorry, just kiddin', it'll probably turn up tomorrow now!

Gra..
Old Jul 16th 2003, 7:48 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Anth
Maybe you should - if finances allow it - take a little break somewhere to take your mind off things. I have found that planning other things has helped - plus it gives me something to look forward to thus making the waiting game less painful. A weekend break somewhere might help. Or plan for a big night out in a few weeks.

You need to stop thinking about it for awhile. It can drive you mad otherwise.

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Good luck.