Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Still no acknowledgement....

Still no acknowledgement....

Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still no acknowledgement....

Is going into the fourth month now since I sent in my application under Skill Inde.to Adelaide....still no acknowledgement of receipt from them.

They have debited my Visa account the very next day after received my application, but till now no mail from DIMIA to confirm that they have received my application, no case officer , no file number,....

Or do they only acknowledge those submitted by the migration agents ? Should I call or e-mail them or just wait ???

Any advice will be appreciated.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Still no acknowledgement....

Originally posted by THYE.A.
Is going into the fourth month now since I sent in my application under Skill Inde.to Adelaide....still no acknowledgement of receipt from them.

They have debited my Visa account the very next day after received my application, but till now no mail from DIMIA to confirm that they have received my application, no case officer , no file number,....

Or do they only acknowledge those submitted by the migration agents ? Should I call or e-mail them or just wait ???

Hi - I didn't use a migration agent and recieved an email acknowledge within a week of DIMIA recieving it so I don't think they are selective in favour of agents. From what I have read on this site not everyone receives acknowledgements. It might be worth you calling them to obtain a file reference number. Sorry I can't offer more help on this - Good Luck
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

i never got an acknowledgement!!!!! they dont always reply/acknowldge the application. nJust depends on who ur case officer is!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

I never received one either. If they've processed the payment then they are processing your app - so don't worry.
If you look at the website it says do not email or phone as this merely delays your case whilst they track down your paper work.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like the previous posters I didn't get any acknowledgement either - bloody frustrating but par for the course I think.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We used an agent and submitted through him. He sent another 5 in within a week of ours. They all got acknowledgements we still have not and we're into the 4th month as well.

Regards
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:03 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by salonit
i never got an acknowledgement!!!!! they dont always reply/acknowldge the application. nJust depends on who ur case officer is!
Your case officer is not the one who sends you your acknowledgement, FYI.

Peter
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:41 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by claireg3
Like the previous posters I didn't get any acknowledgement either - bloody frustrating but par for the course I think.

I have only posted a few messages here since applying under skilled migration australian sponsored categaroy as I am working away from home at the moment and don't get much chance to log in (trying desperately to build up the bank balalnce before we get there!!)

Any way back to the subject - I waited nearly two months for an acknowledgement - was at my wits end, especially going on timeline and seeing people who get theirs in a matter of days. You start thinking is there something wrong with my application.

However now we have acknowledgement it's more frustrating when looking at timeline or reading this site, knowing we may have another year of waiting!!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
Your case officer is not the one who sends you your acknowledgement, FYI.

Peter
Peter,

When I sent in my application , I did not submit IELTS result for my spouse (but I gave other result like Pitman ).Since my spouse has resigned from work, I thought of asking my spouse to sit for IELTS in case DIMIA eventually ask for it.

But then I have no file number yet, do you think the IELTS result will go to the right person who process my application. ? or will just lying somewhere in DIMIA office ?

Another question, when should I inform DIMIA that my spouse is pregnant ?

Thanks