British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   still havent exchanged (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/still-havent-exchanged-191164/)

booboo1 Nov 15th 2003 2:53 am

still havent exchanged

Still havent exchanged. Getting really worried and tense. Been up since 2.40 am today. People have started saying how tired im looking.
Its all driving me bonkers....

booboo:confused:

Pollyana Nov 15th 2003 3:01 am

Thought you were up a bit early. Either that or I was stuck in a time warp. Have my fingers firmly crossed that it'll work out well in the end......

CROSSY Nov 15th 2003 9:38 am

If they dont get it sorted soon we'll send the "boys "round eh?
still got me bits crossed anyway:D :D

steandleigh Nov 15th 2003 9:39 am

Chin up Booboo!!!:)

markeh Nov 15th 2003 6:33 pm

Re: still havent exchanged

Hi booboo,
what is the hold up then with the contracts?

Bye
Markeh

PS
a warm milk drink witha bit of whisky helps me nod off If I can't sleep. Hope it helps. Mark

tinaj Nov 15th 2003 7:13 pm

You at at the worst stage now Boo Boo, it can and will get better. Hope it all goes through soon:)

Loopy Nov 15th 2003 11:57 pm

Tina's right Booboo. I think that stage is far worse than waiting for the visas, you just want to sell & go. I know it's really hard. I started thinking right we'll just go & leave the stupid house sale in the hands of the solicitors, but we couldn't afford to. In the end we booked a holiday to validate our visas, house sale finally went through I think it was 7 or 8 days before we were due to go so we had a mad rush and went for good.

I'm thinking of you and keeping everything crossed it all goes smoothly soon. It really started affecting us and spoiled our last couple of months in the UK, try not to let it happen to you - see if it can be viewed positively, a bit more time with friends & family. My husband didn't sleep much at all for the last few months & we seriously thought he was on the verge of a breakdown. NOTHING is worth that. Look after yourselves!

Best wishes

loopy

booboo1 Nov 16th 2003 11:35 am

oh Lopy, I so glad you told me that

My hubby and I feel like a couple of old moaners and like you we are not sleeping well at all. I have apologised to some friends because I feel that I must appear to be moany and continually worrying lately. Did you often find yourself not even aware of other people because you were deep in thought about things.
Our after sales lady at the estate agent said the person at the bottom of the chain has had his mortgage issued and hopefully Tommorrow we should hear something positive.

I hope everyone else who has to sell that it goes very smoothly and very quickly for you. I think it was Rossi who has sent his wife and child on ahead to Aus. I hope his sale is nearing completion aswell.

Cheers
BooBoo
the moany old whinger

plumber39 Nov 16th 2003 11:42 am

I know what your going through,just keep your chin up, it will all come good in the end!

All the best plum (in same situation!)

plumber39 Nov 16th 2003 11:48 am

ps I swear i,ll never lend my self too being a party too this crap system of selling houses "EVER ,EVER,AGAIN!!!!!

plum.

booboo1 Nov 16th 2003 11:49 am

all the best to you aswell Plum. How close are you to completing...

cheers
booboo:p

plumber39 Nov 16th 2003 11:58 am

Sorry, but not saying too much until we exchange,due to the fact that everytime i do thing's seem to change for the worst!

ps superstition and all that!
Trust me when we exchange your know about it!

footie chick Nov 16th 2003 12:19 pm

Hi Booboo

Everything crossed for your house exchange, hope it happens soon for you!! Everyone is entitled to a moan sometimes.. .

footie chick:)

sky Nov 16th 2003 5:43 pm

booboo I left a post on here a while back about it all getting too much for me I was up in the early hours couldnt sleep and there was no point in staying in bed. It is such a stressfull time, I am ringing the solicitor tomorrow to insist everyone agrees on a completion date(only 3 in the chain) the first time buyers at the beginning of the chain said they want to be in for xmas .... well we need to know an exact date in that case .... to book shippers, book plane tickets and hubby needs to hand in notice. They have said if they dont get in before xmas they cant move until feb ( I have no idea why) but I am thinking I cant wait for them until feb and we will pull out of the sale and put up again in january if that is the case... the housing market is more boyant in the spring

booboo1 Nov 16th 2003 6:58 pm

Sky, you,d think because there are only three in the chain it would be relativley simple. I dont think people in the chain realise the difficulties of moving to another country. In order to keep things safe , then an exchnage of contract is needed for the security of knowing its safe to book things and also to give a real date to book things.
It really is stressful. Are all your contract ready to sign? Do you have an after sales lady to chase up everything for you. If so can they find out what the problem is for you.

I hope it gets sorted sooner then soon for you. Good luck...

cheers
booboo:eek: