Still Confused

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still Confused

Have just spent the last hour debating shipping insurance with husband and result STILL CONFUSED!!

We are not shipping too much stuff quotes for 240 cubic feet and nothing really expensive more sentimental and un replaceable. We have roughly wokred out value at about 10k so insurance will be between £200/£300 so not a vast amount but keep thinking is it worth bothering with? There is so much small print

Still haven't decieded which company

Avalon - I know they had bad press but the guy was really helpful and very comprehensive pack.

Pickfords - not sure ok creepy sale man!!

Bishops - Had to chase them for the quote but offer four weeks free insurance.

More advice required any first hand experience of the above companies or more tips on Insurance.

Cheers
Tori
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:49 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Still Confused

Originally posted by TIZUS
Have just spent the last hour debating shipping insurance with husband and result STILL CONFUSED!!

We are not shipping too much stuff quotes for 240 cubic feet and nothing really expensive more sentimental and un replaceable. We have roughly wokred out value at about 10k so insurance will be between £200/£300 so not a vast amount but keep thinking is it worth bothering with? There is so much small print

Avalon - I know they had bad press but the guy was really helpful and very comprehensive pack.

Cheers
Tori

So much has been said on other threads I suggest a search under shipping companies and read the lot

I personally still choosing between PSS and Bishops move
More advice required any first hand experience of the above companies or more tips on Insurance.

Last edited by yafm; Jun 3rd 2003 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

We're still picking through the small print. We are taking a similar amount of stuff - 240 cu ft - and when roughly calculated insurance also came out at about £10k. Trying to decide between bishops move and pss. think pss will win it - much cheaper. think we probably will insure, but not decided exaclty what yet. so much small print my brain can't cope!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

From
From this discription I would say don't bother with insurance. I did not insure last time (there or back) and will not do so this time.

Avalon get a very bad press, do a search on this forum for info. We are using Pickfords only because they use there own people and dont sub contract. Prices all came in pretty much the same.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by parrot
We're still picking through the small print. We are taking a similar amount of stuff - 240 cu ft - and when roughly calculated insurance also came out at about £10k. Trying to decide between bishops move and pss. think pss will win it - much cheaper. think we probably will insure, but not decided exaclty what yet. so much small print my brain can't cope!
Can I be cheeky and ask what quote you got we have been quoted between £1100/ £1300 We are leaning towards Bishops at the moment haven't has PSS out was their quote much lower?
Know what you mean about the small print

Tori
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I be cheeky and ask what quote you got we have been quoted between £1100/ £1300 We are leaning towards Bishops at the moment haven't has PSS out was their quote much lower?
Know what you mean about the small print

Tori
I can't remember off the top of my head now (at work) but will look at the stuff tonight and let you know...
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Tori
Would Mr Mover be able to help?

Alternatively a friend of ours has a family owned removals company in Gosport. He's promised to do us a good deal when (if) we move.

Could give you his number if you like (as you're not that far away in Southampton)

Nicola
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by parrot
I can't remember off the top of my head now (at work) but will look at the stuff tonight and let you know...
That would be great thanks

Must go back to the packing...............

Tori