Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Still alive....and slowly cooking.

Still alive....and slowly cooking.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:15 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Still alive....and slowly cooking.

Well, I thought I should let anyone here who knows me know I am still alive!!

Been a pretty exciting couple of weeks, and I am still definitely on holiday. Been doing lots of fishing and touristy stuff, planning on hiring a boat in a few days, and going camping when our first crate arrives on the 20th. Grampians here we come!!

Sorry the post is going to be a bit short…..but hav’nt got much web time at the moment…..OHHH how I am going to miss cable internet.

Bought a car….a nice 97 corolla, 1.8, as I don’t really want to pour fuel into a big old 6 cylinder. Was surprisingly difficult to get a decent 4 cyl car here in Mount Gambier. They were all out of our price range, or real old rustbuckets. BEWARE!!! Used cars are VERY expensive over here…..or we found that anyway.

Poll…..will be up in Bris (all being well) for the end of Jan, so will see you then

Last 2 bits for today…..

1) There is a MONSTER bush fire raging on the other side of the lake about 600m from our beach shack. If the lake was’nt there the wind would be blowing the flames right in our direction and it would be all over red rover for the shack!
2) Its pretty damn hot here today. Was 37 yesterday and the thermometer is 41 today. The wind is pretty strong and it feels like standing in a fan oven! Bit warm even for me, and i love the heat.

Cheers

Pete
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:20 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear you made it okay. Have fun!!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:22 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still alive....and slowly cooking.

Originally posted by PeteY

Been a pretty exciting couple of weeks, and I am still definitely on holiday. Been doing lots of fishing and touristy stuff, planning on hiring a boat in a few days, and going camping when our first crate arrives on the 20th. Grampians here we come!!

Sorry the post is going to be a bit short…..but hav’nt got much web time at the moment…..OHHH how I am going to miss cable internet.

Bought a car….a nice 97 corolla, 1.8, as I don’t really want to pour fuel into a big old 6 cylinder. Was surprisingly difficult to get a decent 4 cyl car here in Mount Gambier. They were all out of our price range, or real old rustbuckets. BEWARE!!! Used cars are VERY expensive over here…..or we found that anyway.

Poll…..will be up in Bris (all being well) for the end of Jan, so will see you then

Last 2 bits for today…..

1) There is a MONSTER bush fire raging on the other side of the lake about 600m from our beach shack. If the lake was’nt there the wind would be blowing the flames right in our direction and it would be all over red rover for the shack!
2) Its pretty damn hot here today. Was 37 yesterday and the thermometer is 41 today. The wind is pretty strong and it feels like standing in a fan oven! Bit warm even for me, and i love the heat.

Cheers

Pete
Good to hear from you Petey. Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday before settling as once the job hunting and work starts there is no time.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:28 am
WBB

was wondering when we would hear from you pete, enjoy the "honeymoon" period, you have the rest of your life ahead but that can wait.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Last 2 bits for today…..

Cheers

Pete
Perhaps you'll understand a bit more what I've been saying (and dotty)

P.S

last month I've had fire's backing onto my [property three times... but I don't go into into it. I've actually packed up the car with photo's and non re- placement things.

Can I give you a hint -... take some people with a pinch of salt (take it anyway you please) I really could rip in to some people .. but why??? Now this is hard to explain unless you know what I'm talking about.

Hint of the day - ask questions (and what is in it for them) I can't put it any plainer.

good luck

Last edited by Ceri; Dec 16th 2003 at 3:39 am.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:06 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Cheers

Pete
To number 1) Nice and it's only just begun.

To number 2) Mmm, lovely.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:12 am
Badge

[QUOTE]Can I give you a hint -... take some people with a pinch of salt (take it anyway you please)
Hint of the day - ask questions (and what is in it for them) I can't put it any plainer.
[QUOTE]

Eh?! ;-) Glad to see you are at least enjoying yourself, Pete. Remember, you have plenty of time on your hands, it's not as if you have to worry about a young family etc take your time etc I'll be over soon, probably see you at 'filla's wedding.

Badge

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

hi Pete, glad you arrived ok. Have you been to feed them there possums yet? keep us posted, H
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Good to hear you got there in one piece !

Woke up to scrape the frost off the car this morning. Still sat on the radiator trying to defrost my fingers!! Would love some of that heat (but you can keep your bushfire ).
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Nice one Pete. Keep posting wont you..
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Good to hear you made it, and glad you haven't abandoned those of us who are left behind.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear from you Pete and good luck. Ah, the Grampians, fond memories. Thank goodness for the Blue Lake with the fires.

OzTennis
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things are going well Pete, and you're getting some fishing done!
Look forward to meeting you soooooon!!!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great to hear from you. I can't wait to experience the Honeymoon bit , can't see it happening for us though we will have too much to do!!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:46 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Cheers

Pete
Pete, do you know what it was in Orpington today...er, I think it was about 1, but maybe crept up to about 2 for midday. Oh well, mad-dogs and Englishmen...you'll be alright.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.