Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Still alive (just)

Still alive (just)

Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Still alive (just)

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello on a brief retreat from my crappy work exile. Running summer schools sucks, I can tell you. No time to play on the forum....don't you dare say anything about blissful silence, Bix.

What's been happening? I don't have time to check back over the boards...Any exciting news? Any visa grants? Anyone left yet, or about to leave (Simone, Anya)
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:42 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Still alive (just)

Originally posted by bundy
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello on a brief retreat from my crappy work exile. Running summer schools sucks, I can tell you. No time to play on the forum....don't you dare say anything about blissful silence, Bix.

What's been happening? I don't have time to check back over the boards...Any exciting news? Any visa grants? Anyone left yet, or about to leave (Simone, Anya)

WEIRD!!
I was just thinking how I'd love to hand my notice in right now and do something like what you are doing and up pops your thread.

All pretty much the same here, The Banannas have just gone so will be there in a few days, They still haven't sold the house so Warren is having to come back still. Simone goes in the next couple of weeks I think.

Kala
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
WEIRD!!
I was just thinking how I'd love to hand my notice in right now and do something like what you are doing and up pops your thread.

All pretty much the same here, The Banannas have just gone so will be there in a few days, They still haven't sold the house so Warren is having to come back still. Simone goes in the next couple of weeks I think.

Kala
Don't do it!!!! You don't want a job like mine, trust me. Not unless you want phonecalls from students in the middle of the night and endless grief from course directors who don't like the slide projector you've given them, and photocopiers that refuse to work without a table propped against them and an office made of glass that is arctic in the cold and sahara in the sun. All for no overtime and slightly sub-standard pay.

It's not that bad really, just very stressful at this time of the year because however much you plan, things always go wrong. It gets a bit draining. As do the 17 hour working days and lack of weekends!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:57 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Don't do it!!!! You don't want a job like mine, trust me. Not unless you want phonecalls from students in the middle of the night and endless grief from course directors who don't like the slide projector you've given them, and photocopiers that refuse to work without a table propped against them and an office made of glass that is arctic in the cold and sahara in the sun. All for no overtime and slightly sub-standard pay.

It's not that bad really, just very stressful at this time of the year because however much you plan, things always go wrong. It gets a bit draining. As do the 17 hour working days and lack of weekends!
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you,

Suddenly I love my job again, will start work on this pile I've been watching grow for the last 3 weeks whilst planning my escape.

Enjoy the rest of your summer
Kala
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:37 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Any visa grants?
got it!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:15 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Banana's fly tomorrow. I know, cos I fly the next day!

Will be doing a 'leaving post' this evening some time!

Hang in there Bundy! :scared:
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Anyone left yet, or about to leave (Simone, Anya)
Not that long now... it's quiet panic stations here! Why is it that no matter how many things you tick off the list, it still looks just as long?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:53 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Not that long now... it's quiet panic stations here! Why is it that no matter how many things you tick off the list, it still looks just as long?
Yeah, got one day left, look at mine (gobbledegook for most of you though... )

• Uitschrijven dokter
• Post ophalen flat
• Referenties van bank
• Refs from woningbouw
• No claims van auto
• Mobiele telefoon regelen
• Sleutelhanger Stefan , extra sleutels?
• Bestanden school computer
• Bestanden thuis computer
• Emily bellen
• Jess R. emailen
• Instructies websites etc Ans en Joke
• Spullen Heika
• Het Centraal Bureau Motorrijtuigenbelasting
• Kopieen passporten etc etc achterlaten
• OV achter laten
• Batterijen
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:04 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

You are going to be busy!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:06 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi MarkMyWords,

Gosh, I can really relate to the long to do list that never seems to get any shorter. We have 2 weeks now before the removal people come in and are trying to do a little each night.
Tomorrow evening it's cleaning shoes which isn't my idea of fun I can assure you! I'd much rather be surfing BritishExpats - much more interesting!!!

Sunchaser
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

You are going to be busy!
Nah, all small errands mostly.
Oh, and done 2.....

Most time consuming will be packing: seeing what can and can't go, weighing etc etc.....

For Bundy(so you don't have to look): my 'leaving' post
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=241714
(too long, as usual....)

Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Bundy
Hope you are keeping well. Bix is a bit quiet lately.
Hope you are well.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

No time to play on the forum....don't you dare say anything about blissful silence, Bix.
If I was American, I could plead the Fifth Amendment.

I am not American so I will just be thankful.

Winning the lottery can't be much better
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Bix is a bit quiet lately.
Hi Debsy,

I have been "otherwise engaged" lately so not been on as much as I would have wished.

..........but to think you have noticed has touched my heart
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:52 am
She's a bird, you know

Thanks guys. I'm very glum today because so many people seem to be leaving for Oz in the next few weeks and it should have been us too Now we have to wait another year. I know it couldn't be helped, what with my mum getting sick and stuff, but my god it's depressing. We would have left last Friday. Must try to stay positive and all that. Hard though

Scutter - nice one mate! When will you be off?

Simone - thanks for the link, have replied. See you in Nundle!

Bix - cheeky b*gger. Don't you go feeling all superior just because I'm not around to kick your arse and Simone's too busy emigrating.

Kala - glad I saved you from the terrible fate that is Summer Schools!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.