Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Still alive.........

Still alive.........

Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:45 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Still alive.........

Hi all who remember me...

Found this in my bookmarks, and thought i would pop in and say hi!

Still in oz, well over a year now, and still enjoying it. Lots of bugbears, lots of problems, but i still like that i can go fishing and catch lots of fish.

Given up on the geology.....started a new business as a photographer come multimedia designer, and im lecturing part time at the local tafe in the same subjects. Wife and I are looking at buying a house....seen a few, but not taken the plunge yet.

Any Q's....fire away!

TOP TIP for any noobie, wanting to go to oz.

Get your dental work done at home!!!

Pete.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

BillyGoatGruff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still alive.........

Originally Posted by PeteY

[nitpick]
but this *is* home!
[/nitpick]
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Still in oz, well over a year now, and still enjoying it. Lots of bugbears, lots of problems, but i still like that i can go fishing and catch lots of fish.

Given up on the geology.....started a new business as a photographer come multimedia designer, and im lecturing part time at the local tafe in the same subjects. Wife and I are looking at buying a house....seen a few, but not taken the plunge yet.

Any Q's....fire away!

Pete.
Good to hear from you Petey. Are you starting to feel settled?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Any Q's....fire away!

Pete.
Hi Pete
Great to hear from you. Glad you are well.
How to you feel about your change of career path? But you were a photographer before as I remember you sending me your weblink.

We are settled on the Gold Coast and we have been here for nearly six months. We have purchased a business and will be taking over on 1 March.

Good luck for the future.
Debs
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:21 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bondipom
Good to hear from you Petey. Are you starting to feel settled?
Yeah i am feeling more at home. Made quite a few friends, and living in a small town has actually helped i feel, as we have become involved in a few community activities. Even going to be running around with a pair of gloves and a bin bag on "Cleanup Australia Day". Joy

The family came over in November for 3 weeks which was great. Went on a drive all the way accross to Merimbula, through the high country. Beatiful places. Sad to see them go.

Skype has been brilliant for keeping in touch though. Had a Skype call with the granny on Sunday.....was entertaining to say the least

Take it your still surfing your way around Bondi?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you Pete!

How hot is it up your way?

We've been here 7 months to the day today, and it's all going good.

seeya!

Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:35 am

Yeah i am feeling more at home. Made quite a few friends, and living in a small town has actually helped i feel, as we have become involved in a few community activities. Even going to be running around with a pair of gloves and a bin bag on "Cleanup Australia Day". Joy

The family came over in November for 3 weeks which was great. Went on a drive all the way accross to Merimbula, through the high country. Beatiful places. Sad to see them go.

Skype has been brilliant for keeping in touch though. Had a Skype call with the granny on Sunday.....was entertaining to say the least

Take it your still surfing your way around Bondi?
It feels like the whole of Sydney has decided to surf on Bondi so not been out as much. Popping up to Nelsons Bay this weekend so hopefully there will be emptier breaks. Hopefully I'll get a dive in as well.

My Gran now thinks she is on e-mail because the relatives take her printouts of messages I send her. Sadly she has just contracted MRSA which is a worry. She is tough so anything may happen.

The Mrs has a bun in the oven so life will change quite a bit in July.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:37 am
A Male Member

Originally Posted by bondipom
It feels like the whole of Sydney has decided to surf on Bondi so not been out as much. Popping up to Nelsons Bay this weekend so hopefully there will be emptier breaks. Hopefully I'll get a dive in as well.

My Gran now thinks she is on e-mail because the relatives take her printouts of messages I send her. Sadly she has just contracted MRSA which is a worry. She is tough so anything may happen.

The Mrs has a bun in the oven so life will change quite a bit in July.
Many congrats on the bun!!!

One of our friends had a kid about 6 months ago....my wifes becoming more and more broody as the days go by....
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:38 am

Many congrats on the bun!!!

One of our friends had a kid about 6 months ago....my wifes becoming more and more broody as the days go by....
Watch out it seems to be catching. Badge has got his Mrs preggers as well.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:39 am
A Male Member

Originally Posted by Simone
Good to hear from you Pete!

How hot is it up your way?

We've been here 7 months to the day today, and it's all going good.

seeya!

Hi Simone.

NOT HOT ENOUGH!!! Would be my answer!

The Mount, lovely as it is, does'nt have the best of Aussie weather. We average about 24 in Feb, which is perfect, but the rest of the year we do experience an unfair share of cool wet days. March is my favorite month, as its average about 22 and LOTS of sunshine.

Today? Its about 23 and high cloud.

Pete.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:54 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simone.

The Mount, lovely as it is, does'nt have the best of Aussie weather. We average about 24 in Feb, which is perfect, but the rest of the year we do experience an unfair share of cool wet days. March is my favorite month, as its average about 22 and LOTS of sunshine.

Pete.
Aha... I thought it was hot there.... mm, maybe I should check my map again... I thought Mount Gambier was above Adelaide...

That's quite cool, it's 40 here where I am today.... but there's aircon inside.

Stop it with all this baby talk guys, I'm getting broody too. But I think I'll wait a few years, I'm only 22
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simone.

Pete.
HI pete i was down at KONGORONG the other day , never been so cold in my life not bad for a febuary............. mm
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:58 am
Badge

G'DAY Pete !!

I finally realised a month or so ago how close the Mt is to VIC. I had no idea it was that close - I thought it was way in to SA.

You're within a loooong day's drive..

Badge

Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:22 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from ya. Posted a thread the other day to see if anyone had heard from you.

Nice one on the photography. Certainly enough material to work with in that neck of the woods.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:30 am
Badge

Pete I remember you talking about National Geographic once.

I bought 20 years of Geo from 1984 to 2004 inclusive, mint, with all maps for 50 bucks from a yard sale. Plus a fair late 60s and late 70s...

badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.