British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sticky Threads (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sticky-threads-197015/)

bondipom Dec 15th 2003 8:26 pm

Sticky Threads

Sticky threads.

There are some issues that come up regularly and maybe having sticky threads ie ones that stay at the top might be useful.

3 suggestions that come to mind are getting an aussie driving license, removals and partner evidence.

ANA123 Dec 15th 2003 8:31 pm

Also bank accounts , how to open, how to transfer money?

jayr Dec 15th 2003 9:23 pm

...whether Vegemite is as good as Marmite...

WBB Dec 15th 2003 10:07 pm

Originally posted by jayr
...whether Vegemite is as good as Marmite...

whether either is edible...!

:D

CHnJ Dec 15th 2003 10:12 pm

Should I ship my car
Schools

It's a shame that the advanced seach doesn't let you search on number of posts.

Don Dec 16th 2003 2:58 am

Hmmm - I don't like those annoying sticky threads - surely the search facility or a FAQ area might be alternatives?

bondipom Dec 16th 2003 3:08 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Hmmm - I don't like those annoying sticky threads - surely the search facility or a FAQ area might be alternatives?
People do not seem able or are too lazy to use search function and just post a new thread. You often see 2 threads in the same page on the same topics. Peter's immigration FAQ is an excellent example.

hevs Dec 16th 2003 10:03 am

Originally posted by bondipom
People do not seem able or are too lazy to use search function and just post a new thread. You often see 2 threads in the same page on the same topics. Peter's immigration FAQ is an excellent example.
i didn't know about the search facility until i'd been on here for months and was merrily asking the same old things but have made many friends in doing so. It makes for a sociable atmosphere and don't object to answering "singapore or quantas" for the 5th time because i remember wanting to know everything there was to the whole process of migration down to my tea bags!!! Any way it would be a bit shit boring if everyone used the search facility and no one ever started a thread wouldn't it!!! :)

Fuzzyness Dec 16th 2003 10:28 am

i think the sticky threads are great. people can continue to add to them and gradually over time they become a huge bank of info. also if you wanted other stickies then the usual questions such as which areas of perth are nice could also be stuck up there for reference.

booboo1 Dec 16th 2003 10:28 am

I agree with Hevs

booboo:cool:

CHnJ Dec 16th 2003 10:36 am

Originally posted by booboo
I agree with Hevs

booboo:cool:
I agree about the social and "I want it now" aspects, but it would be nice if we had both. Over time the sticky threads would evolve into a treasure trove, but hopefully newbies would still be welcome to post.