Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stick to this topic please.

Stick to this topic please.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Stick to this topic please.

I just started a thread on how come anyone on here can log on in the chat room posing as another member. Seems you can just pretend to be whoever you want. Of course the thread was taken over by the usual nothing to do with this thread/australia/ or anything else theme that now fills up this forum.

So just be aware, anyone on here can go into the Chat room, posing as you, say whatever they like under your name. Think about it, pretty dangerous really.

Some think its funny, I dont.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:18 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stick to this topic please.

Originally posted by dotty
I just started a thread on how come anyone on here can log on in the chat room posing as another member. Seems you can just pretend to be whoever you want. Of course the thread was taken over by the usual nothing to do with this thread/australia/ or anything else theme that now fills up this forum.

So just be aware, anyone on here can go into the Chat room, posing as you, say whatever they like under your name. Think about it, pretty dangerous really.

Like this thread. Arrrrgggg. I know what you mean. There are certain individuals who need their own chat room. I am tempted to use the ignore feature for the first time.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

Yes, it is very annoying. And very very very annoying/dangerous for 'high profile' people unfortunetly.

I'm not in there ever either by the way. I think the chat room is very annoying all together. But it is perfect for WBB/Jack/BIX/Wenger but they should use their own names!!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:24 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
Yes, it is very annoying. And very very very annoying/dangerous for 'high profile' people unfortunetly.

I'm not in there ever either by the way. I think the chat room is very annoying all together. But it is perfect for WBB/Jack/BIX/Wenger but they should use their own names!!
Why me
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:25 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82

or me?

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Very strange Dotty, I just initiated a thread entitled 'Absolute Drivel', typed it and decided at last minute not to post as it would have been responded to with.....absolute drivel. I did copy it to clipboard and this is what it said:

"Half the threads I read through these days are full of one-liners, smart-arse comments and absolute drivel that have no relevance to the original post. God it must be irritating for the person who is seeking genuine advice about Oz and NZ to find a ton of replies of utter crap or banter between a handful of posters, none of whom seem interested in assisting with the original point. "

Glad I'm not the only one who was feeling this way.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:32 pm
WBB

reply copied to clipboard.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:32 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Why me
because yous both jump around willy bloody nilly as if yous own the gaff droping irelavant post all over hijacking threads in a quite frankly childish & immature fashion yous are obnoxious domanating & way to contraversial for your own good i for 1 would be glad to see the back of your pathetic attempts to humour people on your gutter level.NOW BE TOLD
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Arghhhhhhh yes, this is what I posted in the other thread since it got taken over

Dotty, if I remember rightly you started off by inviting everyone to a tupperware party LOL. Then it got a bit nasty. We also had a visit from Podgy who also obviously wasnt *authentic*. I figure it took less than 5 secs to work out it wasnt either you or her & it was someone being malicious.

As someone else pointed out, you can go in under any name you want. We also had someone in there last night whos sole aim was to try to see if they could insult us & get us angry at them. Sad losers.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Very strange Dotty, I just initiated a thread entitled 'Absolute Drivel', typed it and decided at last minute not to post as it would have been responded to with.....absolute drivel. I did copy it to clipboard and this is what it said:

"Half the threads I read through these days are full of one-liners, smart-arse comments and absolute drivel that have no relevance to the original post. God it must be irritating for the person who is seeking genuine advice about Oz and NZ to find a ton of replies of utter crap or banter between a handful of posters, none of whom seem interested in assisting with the original point. "

Its pathetic, Forum will loose a lot of good posters who cant be bothered to read through pages of drivel.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:43 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

My initial reply to Dotty's post was genuine?

Hiddenpaw, I really am shocked that you can pretend to be someone else in the chat room. A little humour was added to the post thats all.

The post you didnt post was something that you are accussing us of?

Also, Dotty, I have seen posts that you have made that are not related to OZ/NZ ect. Not getting at you or anything just a observation
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

We are not on about the odd post of one liners. We are on about mutiple threads full of one liners.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:00 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bondipom
We are not on about the odd post of one liners. We are on about mutiple threads full of one liners.
Fair cop

By the way I wasnt trying to be smart with that
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Yes, me too.

I don't care about occasional threads going off topic, or occasional off topic started threads, everybody does that sometimes.

It's just that these days the forum is FULL with it!

Maybe if you guys (you know who you are) just had one 'chat' thread, to talk about football and sex etc Like for example the "Menchester United, Nasty Cats, Perth, Beaches And Fish And Chips"
If you just (try) and keep everything in there...
I know, it's hard. I do understand, really!
And maybe more in the Lounge (saw quite a lot of threads by Jack in there, good one!)
Anyway, it's just an idea
Timber Floor Au seems like a good example too by the way, as far as I remember. he posts heaps of 'chat' stuff too, but it's usually about Australia, right? Or am I now confusing people?

Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

"People that live in glass greenhouses shouldn't throw stones"

You know who you are

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.