Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve, Stacey & (Geroge Lombard/JSUppal, please butt in your valuable feedback)

Steve, Stacey & (Geroge Lombard/JSUppal, please butt in your valuable feedback)

Old Feb 6th 2002, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

venky_macho is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, Stacey & (Geroge Lombard/JSUppal, please butt in your valuable feedback) & others,

I'd appreciate if someone could point out how to know for sure that the EMBASSY OF AUSTRALIA at Washington, DC has ran out of migration visas untill the next financial year beginning (July). Does this also apply for IT applicant under Skilled - Independent?

I was requested to submit police clearances and I submitted them a a month ago and haven't still heard back from them. I call up the only listed phone no. 202-797-3145 & never get to speak to a live person which also has the automated message that enquiries on status will not be answered.

Thanks to all replies in advance.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Steveg

Of course we still don't have our visa, we're supposedly
'approved', but out of visas at the Washington office until the next financial year beginning, which is July. I don't think the fingerprints had anything to do with the
delay, I understand there are a number of people in the same boat.

Good luck with your application, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Steve and Stacey Grauel Dallas

Old Feb 13th 2002, 4:36 am
Jsuppal

Hello

It is not possible to confirm anything if it is dificult to contact Washington by
phone, fax or email. Only they know for sure if they have stopped issuing 136s until
1st July 2002.

Similarly, only Mumbai knows when they will actually process applications for 136s
lodged by non-IT applicants in 2000, or by non-MODL non-Australian qualified IT
applicants ion laqte 2000 and early 2001.

The shift of resources to Adelaide may be one factor in slowing down processing.

Best wishes.

Jas J S Uppal Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal/

Old Feb 14th 2002, 5:50 am
Steveg

Default Re: Steve, Stacey & (Geroge Lombard/JSUppal, please butt in your valuable feedback)

Mr. Uppal,

Thank you for your words of wisdom the other day. We took your advice.

I hope your own circumstance came out positive.

Best Regards, Steve Grauel

"JSUppal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello
    >
    > It is not possible to confirm anything if it is dificult to contact Washington by
    > phone, fax or email. Only they know for sure if they have stopped issuing 136s
    > until 1st July 2002.
    >
    > Similarly, only Mumbai knows when they will actually process applications for 136s
    > lodged by non-IT applicants in 2000, or by non-MODL non-Australian qualified IT
    > applicants ion laqte 2000 and early 2001.
    >
    > The shift of resources to Adelaide may be one factor in slowing down processing.
    >
    > Best wishes.
    >
    > Jas J S Uppal Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal/

Old Feb 14th 2002, 9:29 am
Jsuppal

Default Re: Steve, Stacey & (Geroge Lombard/JSUppal, please butt in your valuable feedback)

"SteveG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mr. Uppal,
    >
    > Thank you for your words of wisdom the other day. We took your advice.
    >
    > I hope your own circumstance came out positive.
    >
    > Best Regards, Steve Grauel

Hi Steve,

That was quite funny really!

I still remember this West Indian-looking English nurse screaming at me: "You're not
supposed to be receiving phone calls! They are waiting for you... etc, etc."

I almost told her that it was God at the other end!!

Thanks for enquiring. The procedure went well.

(BTW, one of our nurse clients has just received an acknowledgement from Adelaide.
The form letter states: "Note that processing of your application is expected to take
approximately 50 weeks unless your occupation is one of the ICT occuaptions covered
by the Minister's priority processing direction. If your occuaption is covered by
this Direction, processing is expected to be approximately 3-4 months."

Regards.

Jas J S Uppal Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal/

Old Feb 14th 2002, 11:28 am
Steveg

Mr. Uppal,

Glad the procedure turned out OK.

By the ministers list of ICT occupations, I assume it means the MODL? My application
was lodged with a MODL occupation, IT Manager, ( like any country in the world needs
more of them? ).

Either way, it's a wash. If I tried to move it there's no guarantee Washington would
cooperate.

Best Regards, Steve

"JSUppal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > "SteveG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Mr. Uppal,
    > >
    > > Thank you for your words of wisdom the other day. We took your advice.
    > >
    > > I hope your own circumstance came out positive.
    > >
    > > Best Regards, Steve Grauel
    >
    >
    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > That was quite funny really!
    >
    > I still remember this West Indian-looking English nurse screaming at me: "You're
    > not supposed to be receiving phone calls! They are waiting for you... etc, etc."
    >
    > I almost told her that it was God at the other end!!
    >
    > Thanks for enquiring. The procedure went well.
    >
    > (BTW, one of our nurse clients has just received an acknowledgement from Adelaide.
    > The form letter states: "Note that processing of your application is expected to
    > take approximately 50 weeks unless your occupation is one of the ICT occuaptions
    > covered by the Minister's priority processing direction. If your occuaption is
    > covered by this Direction, processing is expected to be approximately 3-4 months."
    >
    > Regards.
    >
    > Jas J S Uppal Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal/

Old Feb 14th 2002, 7:02 pm
Jsuppal

Hi Steve

ICT = Information and Communications Technology.

Thus it does not include other occupations that are also on the MODL.

Sydney-Australia