Steve Irwin at it again

Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Steve Irwin at it again

Crikeys
Attached Thumbnails Steve Irwin at it again-1520hmol_w.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

annalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant future

If i was the shark I'd go for the large meaty one...
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:51 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Steve Irwin at it again

Am I only one who thinks this is a witch hunt.. "crikey" leave the poor guy alone, he's actually done more good for Aus than harm.. I actually thought it was funny especially when he bounced the baby along the ground as if he was running away - funny (did you see his video where he was nowhere near the croc, another angle).
Should parents be "had up" for taking their babies in the car with them ?- now there's a killing machine - how many kids die in car accidents?, or maybe every parent should be had up for chucking their baby up in the air and catching them, or what about parents with dogs? where do you want to stop?

cheers

Anyway, the media are having a right old field day, views by the public usually are governed by the media's view. (ie sheep)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:08 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a fan of the man but as I pointed out in the other thread there are camera angles that show Irwin a long way from the crocs and surrounded by assistants. IMHO I think people are clambering to the moral high ground and being very judgemental.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:17 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
I am not a fan of the man but as I pointed out in the other thread there are camera angles that show Irwin a long way from the crocs and surrounded by assistants. IMHO I think people are clambering to the moral high ground and being very judgemental.

I couldn't be bothered reading through the whole of that thread, it's bad enough the news in the evenings each night. It's getting to be boring, i.e when the media bite into something they won't let it go.

Personally I feel what is the fuss all about. One moment he can do no wrong, he brings in hell of a lot of tourism, the next moment the media hounds are attacking him - do you honestly think he would put his child at risk, personally, I feel any child in a car is more at risk.

Not a fan of him myself, I can take him or leave him, but "crikes" I feel sorry for them now... one moment he's "god" the next he's the "devil" ( the same media who can make you can also break you if they feel the wish to do so)

I do not follow the media views who are only after selling stories and making a buck on someone elses back/misery.

cheers
Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:24 pm
owieb

Originally posted by Ceri
Personally I feel what is the fuss all about. One moment he can do no wrong, he brings in hell of a lot of tourism, the next moment the media hounds are attacking him - do you honestly think he would put his child at risk, personally, I feel any child in a car is more at risk.

... one moment he's "god" the next he's the "devil" ( the same media who can make you can also break you if they feel the wish to do so)

I do not follow the media views who are only after selling stories and making a buck on someone elses back/misery.
Here here! :lecture:

Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Steve Irwin at it again

Originally posted by bondipom
Crikeys
The guy rocks IMO
Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Well said Ceri, lets remember the guy is a pro, he knows what he's about when it comes to crocs or else how would he still be alive, what about people who take their kids for days out in areas where there are wild crocs (or other beasts capable of inflicting death) should they be had up for it?

Mind you that said i dont think i would have handed my kids over to him for that stunt, but then again i wont even let my own mother babysit!!!!!!

Lynn
Old Jan 7th 2004, 6:39 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve Irwin is a surplus ****. Who gives a toss about the crocodile, the important thing here is that he didn't support the head of his child, and he shook him as well!!! Babies are fragile things! You can't do that!

It's seriously messed up!!

Note from moderator: Please mind your language
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:44 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

well....my husband forgot to support our sons head a couple of times just after the little mite was born. Somehow my husband didn't make the international press?! As for saying Irwin 'shook' him......come on! There is a huge difference between that and what we all understand to be a violent shaking of a baby from anger or fustration. Some perspective called for I think.

I for one refuse to join the feeding frenzy on poor old Steve. He's lovely.

Bridgitte
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:47 pm
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

Note from moderator: Please mind your language
Sorry mate!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:55 pm
WBB

i tend to agree, having read a little more on the sublect i think it is time to lay off him, he is still a front runner for aussie of the year in a couple of weeks.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertain...40107_248.html

Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:11 pm
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Ceri on this one

I'll put myself in the firing line, I'm up for a laugh!

That baby was no more shaken that it would have been in a car or pushchair. I think shaken is too strong a word, I would have said he was just giggled about.

Someone on a previous thread recond they saw Steve hold the 4 week old by his wrists whilst on the ground. I definately did not see that and as a mother of two I find it hard to believe the baby would have stayed in such an upright position as we see on the photo's and video.

The only negative thing I would say is that as a mother my instincts would have been to have supported the head a little more at that age, but I wasn't gravely concerned. Most of us are parents or will be and we all will be a dab hand at knowing how to deal with babys, although views will be slightly different.

As far as the croc is concerned, until you have walked a mile in Steve's shoes, how can we make judgement!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the majority in this thread!

Everybodys overreacting, and it's mostly because of the media, and because people compare it with Michael Jackson.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

From a PR standpoint, OK I reckon he was (at worst) unwise to do that with cameras around.

From a personal point of view, I played with my son like that and don't consider I was putting him at any risk. That's with my Senior Sister wife watching so I reckon if there was a health issue she would have let me know in no uncertain terms (might be singing soprano now).

SI made a good point, these creatures are going to be around his kids all their childhood so they need exposure from an early age. Having said that, I reckon 6 weeks is a bit early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.