Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stess Level Rising!

Wikiposts

Stess Level Rising!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:13 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stess Level Rising!

We are in cardboard box land here - supposed to be completing Friday..still no f....... exchange! The buyers solicitor has just given my solicitor a nervous breakdown. She will not exchange until she gets the plans for our whole estate from the water authority all nice and couloured in so can't even be faxed. My solicitor has been conveyancing for 20 years and says she has never been asked for this!

Then I've got the buyers ringing me up asking if they can put things in my garage!!! I have restrained myself am about to explode! Feel like threatening to pull out now.

...sorry just had to vent the anger - the 8 month wait for the meds request was nothing compared to this hell!

Max
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:31 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Who is your water authority - you should be able to phone them and get the printed copy done on the day - possible for an extra cost - in colour.

It is very silly the solititor insisting on this cause they come with a stamp from the water authrority usually with a disclaimer meaning they are not worth the paper they are written on (used to work there!)

Anyway try ringing water company - Hope you are not Thames! Cause there office is in Reading

Horrible time you are going through....know it I have been there!

Cheers Sandra
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Come on!!!
You are sooooo very close to the end now, try and ride it through.
Once it is all done and dusted call them all the fuc..ers you want!!

Sandra
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:33 am

Originally posted by Sandra
Who is your water authority - you should be able to phone them and get the printed copy done on the day - possible for an extra cost - in colour.

It is very silly the solititor insisting on this cause they come with a stamp from the water authrority usually with a disclaimer meaning they are not worth the paper they are written on (used to work there!)

Anyway try ringing water company - Hope you are not Thames! Cause there office is in Reading

Horrible time you are going through....know it I have been there!

Cheers Sandra
..Thanks you guys! They rang to say the document has arrived today and they are hoping to exchange imminently!! Will beleive it when it happens!!!

Max
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by maxpaxx
..Thanks you guys! They rang to say the document has arrived today and they are hoping to exchange imminently!! Will beleive it when it happens!!!

Max
If you have to you can exchange and complete on the same day as long as all the money is in the correct place. We did this for an investment property where the sellers were emigrating to Spain. They needed to leave on Dec 6th and we exchanged and completed on Dec 4th!

Just think there are some of us who still have this joy to look forward to!

Karen
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:41 am

Originally posted by kaz101
If you have to you can exchange and complete on the same day as long as all the money is in the correct place. We did this for an investment property where the sellers were emigrating to Spain. They needed to leave on Dec 6th and we exchanged and completed on Dec 4th!

Just think there are some of us who still have this joy to look forward to!

Karen
yes Karen we have done this before a couple of times (slightly stressful)..anyway update now we can't exchange till Thursday as our buyers buyers money has been transferred via 'bacs'. Hello is this the biggest cockup of all time or what? Anyway we have signed up on a lease and move Thursday - had no choice very risky but it's only money (not)!
:scared:
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:50 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by maxpaxx
yes Karen we have done this before a couple of times (slightly stressful)..anyway update now we can't exchange till Thursday as our buyers buyers money has been transferred via 'bacs'. Hello is this the biggest cockup of all time or what? Anyway we have signed up on a lease and move Thursday - had no choice very risky but it's only money (not)!
:scared:

Are you talking completion or exchange?

exchange - you state the date for completion - deposit of 10% due, usually a much lower figure agreed

completion - the date set at exchange - the buyers have the right to extend the date by 10 days without you agreeing - legally (very rarely envoked - but in our case was)

which one are you waiting on?

Cheers
Old Feb 24th 2004, 3:48 am

Originally posted by Sandra
Are you talking completion or exchange?

exchange - you state the date for completion - deposit of 10% due, usually a much lower figure agreed

completion - the date set at exchange - the buyers have the right to extend the date by 10 days without you agreeing - legally (very rarely envoked - but in our case was)

which one are you waiting on?

Cheers
LOL - It's mad I know but both! We are exchanging Thursday (maybye tommorrow if the deposit comes in) and completing Friday! We have bought and sold lots of houses and frankly this is the newest one and it's been a lot of hassle! Still it will be ok the deposit has been sent and everything is in order and we all agree on Friday for completion. We are screwed if it goes wrong as moving Thursday!

Max
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stess Level Rising!

Max
just wanted to say you have my sympathy, i am a secretary in an estate agents and see this sort of thing day in day out, solicitors messing with peoples lives, purchasers and sometimes vendors being a nightmare... and i'm yet to put myself through this!
hope that the iminence arrives tomorrow,
kind regards
rach
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:32 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Max,

Keep your chin up, I sympathise, we ended up exchanging and completing on the same day 3 weeks ago, but that was the worst bit of the whole thing and as soon as that was done the stress levels subsided.

Fingers crossed for you,

Michaela