Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steam cleaning in OZ

Steam cleaning in OZ

Old Jan 28th 2006, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future
Default Steam cleaning in OZ

I have had 3 removal firms out PSS Crown and Allied Pickfords. Only one of them said that all shipments are checked and the items from the inventory like lawnmowers etc are automatically cleaned even although you clean them here. Allied Pickford gave me prices for this seperately. I said I thought it was random but he said they are all checked?

M
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steam cleaning in OZ

Originally Posted by jimarg
I have had 3 removal firms out PSS Crown and Allied Pickfords. Only one of them said that all shipments are checked and the items from the inventory like lawnmowers etc are automatically cleaned even although you clean them here. Allied Pickford gave me prices for this seperately. I said I thought it was random but he said they are all checked?

M
We brought two mountain bikes which we had jetwashed, scrubbed and were spotless. Customs here insisted they were steamcleaned it cost us another $75 if I remember. I don't think it is random, they all get the treatment. I wouldn't bother cleaning them first, let them do it.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:17 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

But would the AQIS charge vary depending how clean they were to start with ?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
But would the AQIS charge vary depending how clean they were to start with ?
Oh yes, I am sure they use a "crud thickness guage" and they have a standard sliding scale charge depending on the thickness.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimarg

M
We brought bikes and outdoor furniture. Everything had a quick wipe over with some Jeyes fluid and everything was released this end - no problems at all
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:55 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
We brought bikes and outdoor furniture. Everything had a quick wipe over with some Jeyes fluid and everything was released this end - no problems at all

We bought garden ornaments, loads of tools and the whipper snipper we had, gave all a clean, they where all checked and nothing needed steam cleaning, that included the bikes.
How large would the bill have been if they decided to steam clean each item, most would have been destroyed!
Jenny
Old Jan 29th 2006, 4:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Ditto. We cleaned our bikes and garden stuff. JM wrapped it all, customs never opened them up to see or clean. Original packaging untouched.