Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stay away from WA!!!!

Stay away from WA!!!!

Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Stay away from WA!!!!

Just been told to stay away from WA because there will be a huge water shortage in the next 3 - 5 years - it could be very severe!!! Not sure if my mate is taking the piss but he says that most of the fresh water comes from a nearby lake but which is drying up rapidly. Perth will become a ghost town??
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:45 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stay away from WA!!!!

Doesn't sound any different from much of the rest of country. A few places - like Goulburn in New South Wales - were actually due to run out of water recently.

I wouldn't worry about that as much as the fact Perth is the most isolated city in the world!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Just been told to stay away from WA because there will be a huge water shortage in the next 3 - 5 years - it could be very severe!!! Not sure if my mate is taking the piss but he says that most of the fresh water comes from a nearby lake but which is drying up rapidly. Perth will become a ghost town??
Let me know which lake that is, I thought Perth was supplied by several dams and a desalination plant. Tell your mate that the water shortage is here, his prediction is too late.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:07 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Let me know which lake that is, I thought Perth was supplied by several dams and a desalination plant. Tell your mate that the water shortage is here, his prediction is too late.
Lake Joondalup
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

let me guess, your mate watched "wanted down under" on BBC2 last night?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

Check this link out it should give you all the info you need. On the left hand side of the home page, there is a link to our dams and their current water levels.

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/index.cfm
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Deja Vu......only the other side of the country...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503861
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441205
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

shaheen09 will become famous soon enoughshaheen09 will become famous soon enough

hi there, i saw it too on wanted down under, it was on yesterday evening.i got scared to, but come on how can perth be a ghost city???
i can't see that happening
good luck cos im going there too
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

get a grip - if you base all your life decisions on hearsay you'll go nowhere

loch lomond is right.

what lake?!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from the Shoalhaven in NSW too - we've got too bloody much water.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Never happen, we've got too much natural gas - to power as many desalination plants needed to keep us going. Couple this with people getting over the "yuk" factor of water recycling and Perth will be fine.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
what lake?
I think they were referring to the Gnangara Mound:

"Gnangara Mound is an area north of Perth, Western Australia where a large mound of sandy soil reaches an elevation of about 60 metres. It stores about 20 cubic kilometres of fresh water, about one hundred times Perth's current annual water usage. It is currently the single most important source of potable water for Perth. However, studies have shown that water levels in the Gnangara Mound have fallen substantially in recent times, impacting nearby groundwater-dependent ecosystems such as wetlands and the Yanchep Caves, and causing acidification of the nearby Lakes Gnangara, Jandabup, Wilgarup and Mariginiup. The remaining mound springs of the Swan Coastal Plain depend on the aquifer and are susceptible to any dramatic change in hydrology. It is widely recognised that sustainability of the Mound as a water resource is under threat. Depletion has been blamed on a combination of climate change and excessive drawing of water."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnangara_Mound
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:07 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Couple this with people getting over the "yuk" factor of water recycling and Perth will be fine.
I recycle my water, I have a bath and save the water for Mr PP and then he has a bath, we both pee in the bath and then bath in the pee that is in the bath and when we are short of water, we take the pee/bath water and we boil it to cook pasta, then we drink the water afterwards to make tea.

Now how is that for recycling
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I recycle my water, I have a bath and save the water for Mr PP and then he has a bath, we both pee in the bath and then bath in the pee that is in the bath and when we are short of water, we take the pee/bath water and we boil it to cook pasta, then we drink the water afterwards to make tea.

Now how is that for recycling

thanks for that info renth - you learn something new every day!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:10 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

bu11shit...

i was at the weir sunday,i was talking to a ranger at its at its highest level for ages,he reckons its been a right good year,,

speaking to the aussies here,they reckon this year has been like it was when they were kids...

as for the future,mistic meg might be able to help..they cant tell the fluckin weather tomorrow ,i dont know about three years time..

i would be more worried about the sh1te radio stations...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.