Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory Declarations or Just Signed Statements from UK Rels & Friends??????

Statutory Declarations or Just Signed Statements from UK Rels & Friends??????

Old May 20th 2004, 5:30 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Question Statutory Declarations or Just Signed Statements from UK Rels & Friends??????

Hi All

Hoping someone can help!! We have several statements from our UK
friends and relatives.. Do these need to be witnessed by a solicitor
or JP as our Australian ones did???? I have read a few posts about
this and some say "Yes they do" and others "No - just need to be
signed and dated with current contact details on them).. Could
someone please advise which is correct as we are only waiting on
these documents before sending off our Spouse Visa!!

Cheers

Sam&Andy
Old May 20th 2004, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had all of our stat decs from work, friends and family all certified. This was because we didn`t want to take any chances and have to do it further down the track.

Best of luck

footie chick
Old May 20th 2004, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

princebatswater is an unknown quantity at this point

We got everything rubber-stamped.

Just to be on the safe side.

PBW
Old May 20th 2004, 8:44 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Statutory Declarations or Just Signed Statements from UK Rels & Friends??????

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi All

Hoping someone can help!! We have several statements from our UK
friends and relatives.. Do these need to be witnessed by a solicitor
or JP as our Australian ones did???? I have read a few posts about
this and some say "Yes they do" and others "No - just need to be
signed and dated with current contact details on them).. Could
someone please advise which is correct as we are only waiting on
these documents before sending off our Spouse Visa!!

Cheers

Sam&Andy
They are supposed to be done according to the law of the land they are undertaken in. In the UK that means JPs, Lawyers, Magistrates and Barristers are your best options. Ring around and get some quotes as prices vary wildly. Try and bundle it in with any document certifying that needs to be done.
Old May 21st 2004, 3:09 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Re: Statutory Declarations or Just Signed Statements from UK Rels & Friends??????

Thanks for your replies - anymore thoughts out there??

Cheers

Sam&Andy
Old May 21st 2004, 3:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, get 'em signed and stamped. BP's advice is spot on - try and get all your stuff for certifying ready together then take it along to a solicitor or JP and get them to sign and stamp it, and adjust/add any necessary wording. Best to play it safe with stat decs and make them all above board. Tedious, but worth it. After all, anyone can write something on a piece of paper and say it's true, but get it witnessed and signed according to the law, and it becomes a legal document with all that that entails, and that means it carries a heck of a lot more weight
Old May 21st 2004, 3:25 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting my stat decs done by family and friends certified by a solicitor.

But not bothering getting my history statement certified.
Heard that some people have and some have not and it doesnt seem to affect the outcome.

TT

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Thanks for your replies - anymore thoughts out there??

Cheers

Sam&Andy
Old May 21st 2004, 3:39 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi Andy and Lisa.

I have just had mine certifiied by a solicitor it only costs £5 each so it is definately better to be safe than sorry.

good luck
Kala