Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

statutory declarations

statutory declarations

Closed Thread

Old Dec 9th 2001, 1:54 am
cb
Just Joined

cb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura about

I'm busy applying for a defacto spouse visa.

I understand the form 888 needs to be used within Australia,
however having read through the threads I am still confused
as to what should be used within the UK. Could somebody confirm? Do you have a link to an example?

Also should the statement I need to prepare concerning my relationship with my partner, also be notarised?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 9th 2001, 9:26 am
jet
Forum Regular

jet will become famous soon enough

Hi, I have just done my stat decs for the prospective spouse visa and while looking through the forms on the Australian Immigration site I clicked on the word Statutory Declarations and it gives you a template to use. I just copied and pasted it then filled in my details in the blanks, I am not sure if you need to get your personal statements witnessed but to be on the safe side I did. Now all you have to do is sit back and wait and wait and wait!!!
Old Dec 9th 2001, 5:16 pm
cb
Just Joined

cb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the reply. The only declaration I could find on the site was a Australian version - I'm sure you can't just use this in the UK as it references Australian law. What I'm looking for is the UK format.
Old Dec 10th 2001, 8:11 pm
jet
Forum Regular

jet will become famous soon enough

hi cb, I was given this web site by one of the very helpful immigration agents that advise on this site and I have used this format and am in England so I hope to goodness it is ok!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2001, 9:02 pm
Thc

I had a similar problem and generated a lot of debate about the difference between a
UK Affidavit and a Statutory Declaration. After talking to a couple of solicitors,
the only difference seems to be that a Statutory Declaration makes reference to the
Statutory Declaration Act of 1835, whatever that is!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >