Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory declaration

Statutory declaration

Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Statutory declaration

Hi All
I posted a similair topic yesterday on the Imigration Forum but left me a bit confused.
Wondered if anyone over here has had a similair thing done.

One of my old managers is doing me a reference for my TRA assessment.
He no longer works for the company so producing it on headed paper is out of the question.
I have been told that he has to sign the declaration/reference in front of a JP, Solocitor/Notary.
I have a freind of a freind who is a JP and she has agreede to do it for me.
Now does it need to be done under oath ie in a court or can it be done in her front room.
some of the answers I have been given have said yes it must be under oath others say no because it's the old employer doing the reference.

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Gravyman
Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Firstly, as you cannot use headed paper but it is your former employer - I would to be on the safe side do a stat dec - kinda hits the spot for dimia!!

As for doing it in a living room, pub etc - as long as its under oath - doesnt matter where.

My friend a NP - just signed in her dining room over a glass of wine!!

All the best
Old Mar 29th 2004, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Statutory declaration

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi All
I posted a similair topic yesterday on the Imigration Forum but left me a bit confused.
Wondered if anyone over here has had a similair thing done.

One of my old managers is doing me a reference for my TRA assessment.
He no longer works for the company so producing it on headed paper is out of the question.
I have been told that he has to sign the declaration/reference in front of a JP, Solocitor/Notary.
I have a freind of a freind who is a JP and she has agreede to do it for me.
Now does it need to be done under oath ie in a court or can it be done in her front room.
some of the answers I have been given have said yes it must be under oath others say no because it's the old employer doing the reference.

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Gravyman
As long as they put there Name, Job Title (i.e. Solicitor, JP etc) and have a stamp for the then I believe this is sufficient.

Other than that I am not sure whether it matters if it's done in the front room or the court.

When my father did our stat dec (for spouse visa) the company solicitor came to his work place and Dad had to read out his statement and swear that it be true. Then the solicitor signed and stamped it.

Hope this helps

Nat