Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory Declaration

Statutory Declaration

Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statutory Declaration

Yippeee after weeks and weeks of false hope today it arrived.........the letter I have been waiting for from my ex husband allowing Laura to migrate to Australia with us. We have had a bad few weeks lately what with thing and another, basically TRA assessment has gone to another committee (our agent says its because of Graham South African qualifications) so we wont know how we got on until the end of October and various other disasters occurring (everyone who know me i.e. Lynnj and DianeC etc) happening hopefully our luck is about to change,

Good luck to all you other ladies out there waiting - it will happen in the end believe me!!

I will keep you all informed of the plot as it goes along.

Kath
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:00 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kath,

Glad things are finally moving for you!

By the way, have you found a home for your dog yet?

Don't forget the line dancing - you promised to come with me!

However, its gonna be a while before I'll be doing any dancing (certainly in Perth and I'm that fed up I don't think I can do any here either!) I've just found out that because I only work 19 hours, I'm gonna have to increase my hours and wait 12 months before I apply! I may even consider something drastic like having another baby!

Take care and good luck

Tracey
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tracey brien
Hi Kath,

However, its gonna be a while before I'll be doing any dancing (certainly in Perth and I'm that fed up I don't think I can do any here either!) I've just found out that because I only work 19 hours, I'm gonna have to increase my hours and wait 12 months before I apply! I may even consider something drastic like having another baby!

Take care and good luck

Tracey

god tracey you must be gutted, hope it all works out and you finally get there

arlene
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Statutory Declaration

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
Yippeee after weeks and weeks of false hope today it arrived.........the letter I have been waiting for from my ex husband allowing Laura to migrate to Australia with us. We have had a bad few weeks lately what with thing and another, basically TRA assessment has gone to another committee (our agent says its because of Graham South African qualifications) so we wont know how we got on until the end of October and various other disasters occurring (everyone who know me i.e. Lynnj and DianeC etc) happening hopefully our luck is about to change,

Good luck to all you other ladies out there waiting - it will happen in the end believe me!!

Kath

Congratulations Kath
lets hope that the TRA news comes through soon for you too!
best wishes
rach & family
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

well done and good luck with the next bit
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:50 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Yippeee after weeks and weeks of false hope today it arrived.........the letter I have been waiting for from my ex husband allowing Laura to migrate to Australia with us.

Kath
Hi kath was wondering how you were getting on with all that, not seen you on for awhile so thought you had gone allready...you wish, i went to court with my ex last week, he as got access every fortnight for 4 hours and he was told he wouldnt get custody of her but i have to wait 6 months for the welfare report etc and another court date once that as been completed, so i wasnt very happy to say the least, i dont see why we should have to wait when he as been told he wont get anywere at the end of it...so anyway i have booked a flight for the 21 st november for me and the youngest while laura stays with my parents, i need to go over to see my other kids cos they start school hols and its their birthdays in January, so im coming back for the court case in February then they will make a final court hearing then we can all go...my husband and kids went last week...
good luck with everything
johanne
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

:PARTY: Well done Graham and Kath good news.I know Laura will be pleased as she talks to our Chris on the Poms site.(Oggie).

I not sure on this next bit so get some expert advice,but when I applied for my spouse visa, Rowena obviously had a form to do for me and in the small print I 'm almost certian it said something about :if she had been subjected to domestic violence or we were apart that I could still apply for a visa as I need access to my children.Alls I'm saying is can't you use this as a bargaining tool with ex's.Knowing how exited Laura is though about going by what my son has said,she has probably made her Dad see sense
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by chris hogan
:PARTY: Well done Graham and Kath good news.I know Laura will be pleased as she talks to our Chris on the Poms site.(Oggie).

I not sure on this next bit so get some expert advice,but when I applied for my spouse visa, Rowena obviously had a form to do for me and in the small print I 'm almost certian it said something about :if she had been subjected to domestic violence or we were apart that I could still apply for a visa as I need access to my children.Alls I'm saying is can't you use this as a bargaining tool with ex's.Knowing how exited Laura is though about going by what my son has said,she has probably made her Dad see sense

Hi chris thanks for the kind words, Im not sure what you mean as I thought once I got letter from her Dad she should be ok to get her visa now!!!

I know her and Oggie talk all the time on teens I have to prize her off the computer at times

Kath
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by johanne
Hi kath was wondering how you were getting on with all that, not seen you on for awhile so thought you had gone allready...you wish, i went to court with my ex last week, he as got access every fortnight for 4 hours and he was told he wouldnt get custody of her but i have to wait 6 months for the welfare report etc and another court date once that as been completed, so i wasnt very happy to say the least, i dont see why we should have to wait when he as been told he wont get anywere at the end of it...so anyway i have booked a flight for the 21 st november for me and the youngest while laura stays with my parents, i need to go over to see my other kids cos they start school hols and its their birthdays in January, so im coming back for the court case in February then they will make a final court hearing then we can all go...my husband and kids went last week...
good luck with everything
johanne

hi Johanne

Sorry I havent spoken to ages but have been down in dumps for ages - had so many problems with TRA etc but hopefully everything is going ok now. S

sorry to hear about your problems - I bet you really miss the kids I hope everything works out alright for you - as you said he aint gonna get anywhere I dunno why he has to drag it out, but thats men for you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all I hope it all goes ok and keep in touch if you can.

Good luck and speak to you soon.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kath,

Take care and good luck

Tracey

Hiya Tracey

Dont talk to me about bloody dogs - did you read on Poms about what happended to mine now tell me who gives a dog away and then gets it back three weeks later:scared: :scared:

Anyway, we decided to keep her the way things are going we'll probably be here another 5 years!!!

Anyway, bit drastic having another baby in it??? Ive been there!! no more for me now 3 deffo enough!!!!

Had a good weekend with Lynn the other weekend so hopefully shes gonna come and see us before she goes to Perth

Yes I will still do the line dancing bit (be a bit hard for you with a big lump in front )

Keep in touch

Kath
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kath,

Take care and good luck

Tracey
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news about the stat Dec. You must be feeling so relieved now.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Kath

Hi Kath & Graham

Best of luck with the TRA and it must be a huge relief to you both that your daughter can come with you.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the process.

footie chick
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Kath you misunderstood me I'm sure laura's visa application will be fine ,as you say she has got clearance letter.It was just an observation that somebody else may pick up on,who are having the same problems as yourselves had