Reload this Page >

Statuary Declaration!Re Child Migration

Wikiposts

Statuary Declaration!Re Child Migration

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

lianne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statuary Declaration!Re Child Migration

We have now reached the stage where i have to do a statuary declaration giving my husband permission to take our daughter to Australia, although we are all going over together. Can anyone tell me weather i download form 888 or do we need to see a soliciter to do this for us.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statuary Declaration!Re Child Migration

Originally Posted by lianne
We have now reached the stage where i have to do a statuary declaration giving my husband permission to take our daughter to Australia, although we are all going over together. Can anyone tell me weather i download form 888 or do we need to see a soliciter to do this for us.
If you are both migrating, and it's your daughter with no other parent involved, then why do you think you need to to a statutory declaration?

Forget form 888, it's for spouse visas. There is no specific form for stat decs of this type.

Jeremy
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

lianne is an unknown quantity at this point

[As only one of us can apply for her in the child migration form it asks for a statuary declaration from who ever has legal rights to that child , which would be me is that right or have i got it all wrong. Thanks lianne.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lianne
[As only one of us can apply for her in the child migration form it asks for a statuary declaration from who ever has legal rights to that child , which would be me is that right or have i got it all wrong. Thanks lianne.
It probably depends on the processing culture in the DIMIA office dealing with the application. If both parents have signed the application then it seems overkill to ask for a statutory declaration.

Why not just submit the visa application with both parents signing the sponsorship form and taking things from there? They will ask if they need something specific.

A solicitor can do a statutory declaration (or local equivalent) but there is no set form of words. They look for things like 'consent' and 'permanently' and 'Australia'. Nor is there a set form.

Jeremy
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I have pm' d you the stat dec that we were requested to send, to get our Visa.