Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statewide alert for Qlds cows and chickens!

Statewide alert for Qlds cows and chickens!

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Statewide alert for Qlds cows and chickens!

A survey last year found 84 per cent of people wanted to see daylight saving introduced.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...9-3102,00.html

and

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...top-story.html

With Premier Anna Bligh ruling out a daylight saving trial and the new Liberal National Party divided on the issue, there is no relief in sight.
Mr McNamara believes the lack of political leadership on the issue will see it become a hot topic at the next state election.
"It could tip some marginal seats. Anna Bligh has proved to be quite pig-headed about the whole thing unfortunately," he said.
"We'll continue to lobby until common sense prevails.
"It is absolute madness when daylight saving effectively divides a city, we will continue to keep the issue alive."
The daylight saving dilemma causes problems for cross-border families with children going to school in NSW one hour before their Gold Coast-employed parents have to get to work -- and return home an hour earlier. Meanwhile, business people on both sides of the border and airline passengers heading for Gold Coast Airport have to think twice about the time difference to ensure they do not miss flights.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statewide alert for Qlds cows and chickens!

Its not funny living on the border. I thought it was the curtains that faded. However I do understand that QLD is such a huge State that what is good in Brisbane may not be so good further up.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Had to love these comments!

Solar hot water systems will have to be recalibrated. All sundials will be out 1hr. Who will pay for this? Last year, I went to Sydney and got sunburnt 10 % quicker. What time would the 6 O' clock news come on. I need to lie down.

Posted by: Dr Hugh Jorgan of Wickam Terrace 3:20pm today

For Sale: hundreds of metres of faded curtain fabric. Only used by non-Queenslanders. New stock arriving from NSW and Victoria every year. Buy now, before thr rush.

Posted by: The Faded Curtain Experts of Brisbane 3:10pm today

You're already 30 years behind NSW on things like infrastructure, health, education and public transport, so what's 1 extra hour going to matter?

Posted by: MD of SYDNEY 2:19pm today
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Had to love these comments!

Solar hot water systems will have to be recalibrated. All sundials will be out 1hr. Who will pay for this? Last year, I went to Sydney and got sunburnt 10 % quicker. What time would the 6 O' clock news come on. I need to lie down.

Posted by: Dr Hugh Jorgan of Wickam Terrace 3:20pm today

For Sale: hundreds of metres of faded curtain fabric. Only used by non-Queenslanders. New stock arriving from NSW and Victoria every year. Buy now, before thr rush.

Posted by: The Faded Curtain Experts of Brisbane 3:10pm today

You're already 30 years behind NSW on things like infrastructure, health, education and public transport, so what's 1 extra hour going to matter?

Posted by: MD of SYDNEY 2:19pm today
Former Qld Premier, Peter Beattie is on record saying that if daylight saving is introduced, there would be an extra hour (25 in total) in the day to get skin cancer.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Former Qld Premier, Peter Beattie is on record saying that if daylight saving is introduced, there would be an extra hour (25 in total) in the day to get skin cancer.
Well he was the master at manipulating the general populace of Qld. Surely he couldn't have been that dumb to actually believe it?!!!

I remember that quote and I think he was saying that if we had daylight savings we would have an extra hour of sun exposure in the evening when the sun would usually have gone down without DSL thereby increasing skin cancer levels.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

If anyone is interested in pushing for DSL in Qld, there's a new 'single issue' political party been started:

"Daylight Saving, Politics and the Party

After years of State Government inaction, and the reluctance of all major Political Parties to tackle the issue of Daylight Saving for South East Queensland, a group of people have decided to take the matter directly to the polls by forming a ‘single-issue’ political party.

This Party is to be known as the Daylight Saving for South East Queensland Party (DS4SEQ) and the Party’s objective is simple – to implement Daylight Saving in South East Queensland. The Party will have no other policies, run no other agendas and will not offer comment on any other issue.

In doing so, this will provide a ‘voice’ for the majority of South East Queensland residents and enable political pressure to be applied on the issue of Daylight Saving. For more details on the Party and for a copy of the Draft Party Constitution, please click on the 'about' link above."

http://www.ds4seq.com.au/index.html
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? I've decided I don't give a monkey's if we have it or not. The only thing that irritates me is the moronic 'no' brigade and their reasons. I no longer care if it's light or dark as long as it's warm.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
If anyone is interested in pushing for DSL in Qld, there's a new 'single issue' political party been started:

"Daylight Saving, Politics and the Party

After years of State Government inaction, and the reluctance of all major Political Parties to tackle the issue of Daylight Saving for South East Queensland, a group of people have decided to take the matter directly to the polls by forming a ‘single-issue’ political party.

This Party is to be known as the Daylight Saving for South East Queensland Party (DS4SEQ) and the Party’s objective is simple – to implement Daylight Saving in South East Queensland. The Party will have no other policies, run no other agendas and will not offer comment on any other issue.

In doing so, this will provide a ‘voice’ for the majority of South East Queensland residents and enable political pressure to be applied on the issue of Daylight Saving. For more details on the Party and for a copy of the Draft Party Constitution, please click on the 'about' link above."

http://www.ds4seq.com.au/index.html
I'm almost tempted to become a citizen just to vote for them
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
Its not funny living on the border. I thought it was the curtains that faded. However I do understand that QLD is such a huge State that what is good in Brisbane may not be so good further up.
Oh the curtains fade as well.
And if you have any furniture that is in line with the sin, then the 25 hours day will quickly cause it to fade.........
And I genuinely work with people who want to know if they get a pay rise for working an extra hour a day for 6 months of the year, not just the day the clocks change, but for 6 months of the year
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the one that gets me is the cows, the farmer will have to get up earlier than others to milk. So what. He gets an hour earlier the other end :
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Oh I love this debate every year !
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm almost tempted to become a citizen just to vote for them
haha love it!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everybody is going to register their protest vote in the upcoming election and let the new government know that we want daylight savings in South East Queensland ... http://www.ds4seq.org.au/ ... well that's unless you don't of course, perhaps you have cows, or nice curtains, ...

Very glad there is a candidate in my electorate ...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsordave
Hope everybody is going to register their protest vote in the upcoming election and let the new government know that we want daylight savings in South East Queensland ... http://www.ds4seq.org.au/ ... well that's unless you don't of course, perhaps you have cows, or nice curtains, ...

Very glad there is a candidate in my electorate ...
Don't care if we have it or don't but I do think she or Lawrence (whoever gets in) should give us a vote on it and word it correctly so everyone understands what they're voting for and that it would only be for SEQLD not the rest of the state.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

....not sure about the number of wannabees,temp, and PR visa holders verses citizens posting on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.