Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State/Territory Nominated Independant Scheme...

State/Territory Nominated Independant Scheme...

Old Jul 20th 2002, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

dazzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State/Territory Nominated Independant Scheme...

Hello,

Just had to let you all know that S.A have sent me a letter saying my application has come to their attention through the skill matching database.
It goes on to say that my skill (toolmaker) can be fast tracked and take as little as 3 months to come back.

Does this mean if I go through with it that it will cost me only the amount stated on the skills matching section of the application form plus the other costs of course?

As always any information will be gladly received, oh and Woooo Hooooo !!! might be there sooner than we think!

Regards Darren & Julie.
Old Jul 20th 2002, 7:37 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State/Territory Nominated Independant Scheme...

thats good if it works out......keep us posted!!!!

good luck!
Old Jul 20th 2002, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Darren & Julie
excellent news
from what I have read, they seem to be promoting STNI a bit more now.
Does anyone know which skills are on their "wanted" list ?
looks like they have removed the old one from the immi.sa.gov site.

Cheers.

D
ps, I know that your preferred destination is Adelaide, did you tick the box on the 47SK ?
Old Jul 20th 2002, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Darren & Julie

Hi we are also on the scheme accepted as from 30 May after a 6am phone call the day before (29th.)
We are also heading to Adelaide I`m a maintenance fitter.
If our police checks come in time requested them 2 July, Adelaide want everthing back by Aug 29.
We have paid the application fee in April but nothing to skill matching side.
They also said that it should take around three months from being accepted onto scheme but our agent and the Victoria gov site says nearer 6 months, we will have to see.
They actually contacted us before our app got there as I had emailed them just for general info in February.

Dilbert,

the wanted list is still on the site and they have three catergories ie Metro, State and can`t remember the other,have another look pretty sure its there.
Old Jul 21st 2002, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

dazzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dilbert,

Yes we told them we wanted to move to Adelaide when we did the 47sk.
Our friends who are already out there told us to, saying that you have a better chance if you know where you want to stay?

By the way Snickers, do you think it's worth while doing the police checks now or wait til requested ?... T.I.A

Darren
Old Jul 21st 2002, 7:01 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

The police checks cost next to nothing so why not do them immediately?
Old Jul 21st 2002, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Dilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Snickers,
thanks, I looked a bit harder this time and found it,
this is the URL if anyone is interested
http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/sit...ite_page_id=57

Cheers,
D
Old Jul 21st 2002, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

I second that, get the checks done ASAP we are hoping they will be back in time to be sent by Aug 29 like Newstartnz says its pence really,
see you all in Adelaide
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 1:20 am
Elaine M

Snickers <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I second that, get the checks done ASAP we are hoping they will be back in time to
    > be sent by Aug 29 like Newstartnz says its pence really, see you all in Adelaide

I've had a look at the link mentioned earlier in the thread; it looks interesting.

I'm an accountant which is on the list of occupations on the SA website. Can anyone
advise if STNI is likely to be a better/quicker bet than Skilled - Designated Area
Sponsored? As an Independent I think I would have 110 points, without the 15 points
for family relationship (Australian Sponsored addition); as a family sponsored
applicant going to Adelaide I can apply as Skilled- Designated Area Sponsored which I
understood has a better chance and no points test anyway.

However, this thread has got me wondering if it would be quicker to go for STNI, but
is it less certain?

Just want to get there asap, but don't want to risk being turned down...

Any advice?

Elaine

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 1:27 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Elaine,

I'd expect a STNI application to be through in about 4 to 6 months, as against 12 months for a Skilled Designated Area Sponsored => go for STNI if possible.

You should be able to run your CV past the Immigration people in SA anyway to find out whether they will sponsor you before you have to commit to a 137-STNI visa application.

Mail me directly if you want any assistance.

Best regards.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk

Originally posted by Elaine M

I've had a look at the link mentioned earlier in the thread; it looks interesting.

I'm an accountant which is on the list of occupations on the SA website. Can anyone
advise if STNI is likely to be a better/quicker bet than Skilled - Designated Area
Sponsored? As an Independent I think I would have 110 points, without the 15 points
for family relationship (Australian Sponsored addition); as a family sponsored
applicant going to Adelaide I can apply as Skilled- Designated Area Sponsored which I
understood has a better chance and no points test anyway.

However, this thread has got me wondering if it would be quicker to go for STNI, but
is it less certain?

Just want to get there asap, but don't want to risk being turned down...

Any advice?

Elaine
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 2:20 am
Kc

We've also applied for State/Terr. Nominated Scheme only in Victoria. Had a question
on applying to the Skill Matching database that I hope someone can help with. I was
planning on sending my app to be in Skill Matching but from what I've read you have
to nominate only one occupation. If you do this but are lucky enough to get nominated
for say a Regional job does it have to be your nominated occup. or could it be for
something not on DIMA's shortage list? This of course is assuming it's a job the
region is having difficulty filling. I'm wondering if nominating one occup. will
narrow the opportunities and I should wait for a specific job offer or if I should
send it in to get going on the process since it will prove I meet the pool mark?