Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State sponsorship V's family sponsorship

State sponsorship V's family sponsorship

Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:18 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default State sponsorship V's family sponsorship

Hi all i have question about the pro's and or con's of state sponsorship versus family sponsorship. Just had an email form our agent to say that WA in perth are offering state sponsorships for cooks (me ). Thing is this has come as a total surprise as all the way along this thing i have been gearing up for family sponsorship, family all ready to go an all that. Im sure on the family one once i get there im on my jack jones as regards to getting work and finding work, not even necessarily working as a cook, but is this different if you are state sponsored?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nev.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State sponsorship V's family sponsorship

Originally Posted by redlion
Hi all i have question about the pro's and or con's of state sponsorship versus family sponsorship. Just had an email form our agent to say that WA in perth are offering state sponsorships for cooks (me ). Thing is this has come as a total surprise as all the way along this thing i have been gearing up for family sponsorship, family all ready to go an all that. Im sure on the family one once i get there im on my jack jones as regards to getting work and finding work, not even necessarily working as a cook, but is this different if you are state sponsored?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nev.
do you get PR with family sponsership? and does the family have to lay out any money support you or pay some kind of bond?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:46 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
do you get PR with family sponsership? and does the family have to lay out any money support you or pay some kind of bond?

I dont know about PR but yes there is a bond $5000 supposedly from them but we will send it to them so no risk involved for them, just us, and you get it back anyway with a tiny bit of interest.

Nev.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:53 am

I dont know about PR but yes there is a bond $5000 supposedly from them but we will send it to them so no risk involved for them, just us, and you get it back anyway with a tiny bit of interest.

Nev.
we are going state sponsership, you get PR and dont have to pay any bond. You are expected to live in the state for 2 yrs but if thats where you want to go anyway then thats no problem.

hasnt your agent said anything re pros and cons?

Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:05 am
redlion

Originally Posted by possoms
we are going state sponsership, you get PR and dont have to pay any bond. You are expected to live in the state for 2 yrs but if thats where you want to go anyway then thats no problem.

hasnt your agent said anything re pros and cons?

Agent hasnt said anything yet as only got the mail from them today saying we could get state, have sent a mail back asking a few questions about it. What about the work side of things with state, do you have to go for the job your going on visa with??

Nev.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:00 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Sorry redliion, don't know anything about this, but goodluck ta ya
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:18 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Nev.

In short there's no requirement for you to work in your nominated occupation when you get a State Nomination. However, you are required to sign an undertaking to reside in the Nominating State for 2 years, as a previous poster has said.

Best regards.

Agent hasnt said anything yet as only got the mail from them today saying we could get state, have sent a mail back asking a few questions about it. What about the work side of things with state, do you have to go for the job your going on visa with??

Nev.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all i have question about the pro's and or con's of state sponsorship versus family sponsorship.

One of the most common reasons for refusal of family sponsored visas is a problem with the Assurance of Support. The two most common reasons are:

- assurer fails the income test (no flexibility)
- assurer backs out after Centrelink interview

Refusal occurs at the last minute, lots of disappointment, wasted time etc.

Be careful.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:41 pm

Nev.
Hi Nev sorry I didnt reply lost connection last night having problems here, seems Alan has answered your question. We asked the same question and were told that obviously my OH would be expected to work in his field as that is the reason they are taking us.

the other plus thing I would say about STNI is that the state has been brilliant with us, sent us loads of info, given us contacts for jobs and will meet greet and arrange accomodation for us if we want it.

you have family there I know but for us who have no one this has been great.

Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

we looked into both, I have lots of family in Melbourne who would have sponsored us but i felt weird asking them about the bond. We eventually got a STNI from vic government, easy meat, stay there 2 yrs in listed occupation(plumbing), and fill in a questionaire survey things every 3-6 months about your progress, oh and get PR into the bargain. It was quite straight forward, not at the time but looking back on it now. My family are all busy and i did not to pester them i suppose although they would have done it.

hope this helps

sj x
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:19 am
redlion

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Hello Nev.

In short there's no requirement for you to work in your nominated occupation when you get a State Nomination. However, you are required to sign an undertaking to reside in the Nominating State for 2 years, as a previous poster has said.

Best regards.

thanks Alan for that, sorry didnt see id had some replies to this one till now.

Nev.