Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State sponsorship research (Adelaide)

State sponsorship research (Adelaide)

Old Sep 30th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Paula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nice
Default State sponsorship research (Adelaide)

We are applying for SA state sponsorship, on the app form we have to write 1500 on why we want to move etc. I have various website pages but I wondered if anyone could advise on where is best in Adelaide to move to for a carpenter (workwise) with good school (3 children) in a nice area near to the beach?

thanks for your answers in advance
Old Sep 30th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: State sponsorship research

Originally Posted by Paula H
We are applying for SA state sponsorship, on the app form we have to write 1500 on why we want to move etc. I have various website pages but I wondered if anyone could advise on where is best in Adelaide to move to for a carpenter (workwise) with good school (3 children) in a nice area near to the beach?

thanks for your answers in advance
I can't advise on where's nice but I know Adelaide isn't that big, and I doubt the work of a carpenter will be in one place long term, I suspect a carpenter would need to be available to travel all around the city and surrounding burbs for work.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State sponsorship research

Originally Posted by saxtonj
I can't advise on where's nice but I know Adelaide isn't that big, and I doubt the work of a carpenter will be in one place long term, I suspect a carpenter would need to be available to travel all around the city and surrounding burbs for work.
I agree.

Adelaide is pretty easy to get around though. It only took me 90 minutes to get from the Northern suburbs to Victor Harbour last weekend. Also Infrastructure is getting some major funding too

We've just had the tramline extended from the city to the Entertainment Centre, with plans for it to be extended further still to Semaphore.

The Northern Expressway has just opened. They will be starting work on the Southern Super Highway soon. There's plans for the Southern expressway to be duplicated - so it'll go both ways in the next few years.

Work will be starting in January on the rail extension from Noarlunga to Seaford.

There's lots more in the pipeline too.

If you want near the beach - then you want to be looking (depending on budget) from Brighton downwards. Most people seem to head to Seaford. There's some good schools down there too and with the above mentioned work, getting around will get easier