British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   State Sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/state-sponsorship-111490/)

tanderra Sep 16th 2002 7:52 pm

State Sponsorship

Looking through all the threads about State Sponsorship. I know for Victoria you can contact them. Is it the same for SA., or do you have to wait until they contact you with after you have filled in the Skills Match.

Thanks

Alan Collett Sep 17th 2002 12:17 am

Re: State Sponsorship

If you have an occupation that SA wants, I would enquire of them directly, probably by email to start with:

Immigration SA
Department of Industry and Trade
Postal Address:
GPO Box 1264
Adelaide 5001
South Australia
Phone: +618 8303 2252
Fax: +618 8303 2266
Email: [email protected]

Best regards.

Originally posted by tanderra:
Looking through all the threads about State Sponsorship. I know for Victoria you can contact them. Is it the same for SA., or do you have to wait until they contact you with after you have filled in the Skills Match.

Thanks

tanderra Sep 17th 2002 12:23 am

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
If you have an occupation that SA wants, I would enquire of them directly, probably by email to start with:

Immigration SA
Department of Industry and Trade
Postal Address:
GPO Box 1264
Adelaide 5001
South Australia
Phone: +618 8303 2252
Fax: +618 8303 2266
Email: [email protected]

Best regards.

Thank you. If the state decides to sponsor you, how long does it normally take, for them to let you know? And if we have already applied, does if effect your 'skilled application' if they decide to sponsor you. I would hate to slow the application down by appling to SA or Victoria. Thanks again.

Alan Collett Sep 17th 2002 12:34 am

It can take 2 to 3 months from the time of the initial submission of info about you through to confirmation of nomination for the STNI visa (though I've had a couple through in about 6 weeks in Victoria). So far as I know there isn't any liaison with DIMIA at this point - or at least not so as to noticeably slow down the processing of an existing skilled visa application.

Once approved details of the State Nomination are passed to DIMIA - upon which your application should be pulled out of the general pool of skilled applications and processed through to an earlier visa grant.

Best regards.

Originally posted by tanderra:

Thank you. If the state decides to sponsor you, how long does it normally take, for them to let you know? And if we have already applied, does if effect your 'skilled application' if they decide to sponsor you. I would hate to slow the application down by appling to SA or Victoria. Thanks again.