Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State Pension test case

State Pension test case

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default State Pension test case

This may have already been raised but very interesting.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8232612.stm
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:37 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Pension test case

Probably won't affect me as my liver should pack in around 64 I reckon....
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Probably won't affect me as my liver should pack in around 64 I reckon....

oh dear!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

As it's the European Court of Human Rights I reckon they will win and so they should.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, esp as they get it in the US, not just the EU....
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

by the time i get to 65 there won't be a state pension anyway the way things are going
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:50 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
by the time i get to 65 there won't be a state pension anyway the way things are going
We'll just be shuffled from the retirement do, to the cremo..........
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by renth
As it's the European Court of Human Rights I reckon they will win and so they should.
It has already been rejected by Europe once, but is under appeal now.

Nov 4th, 2008:
A case heard before the European Courts has determined that the UK government is free to freeze the pension rates, in the way that it currently does, for retirees that live in certain countries (Australia included).
The case judgement is here: Carson and Others v. the United Kingdom (application no. 42184/05)