Reload this Page >

State Nominated Trade Visa

State Nominated Trade Visa

Old Dec 18th 2003, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Pauldw500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Nominated Trade Visa

Can anyone help?

I'm about to attempt emigration to Australia under the State Nominated deal and was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to know what proof is needed from employers you've worked for. I have worked in my trade for 3 yrs, but only the last year has been on the cards. I know previous employers can and will confirm in writing or take a phone call to confirm I have worked for them, but they & I will not be able to provide any pay slips etc.

Any help will be appreciated :-)

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

A detailed letter from previous employers should be sufficient, pay slips would be required from current employer only. A quick search for 'employer letter' should find some old posts with details of what sort of info DIMIA require. What State are you aiming for, and what trade? adelaidegirl
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Hi adelaidegirl, and thx for the info. I'll certainly look for the extra by doin a search.

I've heard that Victoria is state nominating and this would mean only having to prove 6 months of employment in the trade required which would be Carpentry. As I say I've worked in this field for about 3 yrs, but can only provide good proof for upto 1 yr with current job.

I'm not 100% sure about the 6 months, but this is what I understand to be true. I just wondered how things would go if they wanted to delve deeper as altho the employers will confirm, none can be proved with payslips etc.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya. I think you still have to meet the basic requirements, which for a 60 point occupation is to have worked in your trade for 12 out of the last 18 months. For Vic STNI you also need to send them a copy of your trade certificates (for a carpenter/joiner, other trades may be different). Have you checked out their website www.migration.vic.gov.au

Good luck, adelaidegirl
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:28 am
Just Joined

We meet again ...lol

You know this is another of my worries. I've also been told no qualifications either are needed, or to be proven anyway. This I find very hard to believe. If tested I can pass any test to do with Carpentry, but I am assured all I need for a state nominated entrance is to have just 6 months proof in the trade.

I DO have this from good authority as this info came from an agent that deals with UK - Aus emigration. I just find it hard to believe ONLY 6 months proof in this trade is all that is gonna be needed.

Hmmmmm ?!

I'll check out Victoria's site, ta ;-)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:37 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

There are two issues here:

1. Meeting the recent work experience requirement for skilled migration. If you can obtain a State Nomination you might be able to look at a Skills Matching visa => requirement here is to have worked for 6 months in a skilled occupation. In turn, to obtain a State Nomination you will be required to prove your qualifications/ability in the nominated occupation to the State to which you apply (for trade skills in SA this involves sending confirmation of your skills assessment classification, and in VIC it involves sending your trade certificates).

2. Obtaining a skills assessment. You will need this "even if" you are applying a Skills Matching visa. And if you are looking at a skills assessment in a trade occupation you can be assured that you will need more than 6 months of work experience in that occupation.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Pauldw500
We meet again ...lol

You know this is another of my worries. I've also been told no qualifications either are needed, or to be proven anyway. This I find very hard to believe. If tested I can pass any test to do with Carpentry, but I am assured all I need for a state nominated entrance is to have just 6 months proof in the trade.

I DO have this from good authority as this info came from an agent that deals with UK - Aus emigration. I just find it hard to believe ONLY 6 months proof in this trade is all that is gonna be needed.

Hmmmmm ?!

I'll check out Victoria's site, ta ;-)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi Alan and thx for your input.

To be totally honest I am still lost by it all :-( I basically want to emigrate to Aus, but altho have plenty of experience in my trade, I cannot prove a lot of this with pay slips, only references, and do not have any qualifications at all in Carpentry.

My biggest concern is do I HAVE to have Qualifications of any sort? or can proving that I've worked in this field for 6 months get me into Victoria ?

Please help !