Reload this Page >

State Nominated Skilled Visa to Victoria

State Nominated Skilled Visa to Victoria

Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile State Nominated Skilled Visa to Victoria

Hiya,

My huband, kids and myself are just starting the process of emigrating to Oz.
So far we are getting the skills assessment details together. He's a panel beater (there's a shortage of 'em in Melbourne apparently!). So after we've trawled through that it's everything crossed for a favourable decision!
We are hoping for state nomination, so that'll be the next hurdle. We have got a migration agent who has been really helpful so far.
We've also been in contact with some emplyers over in Melbourne who were very encouraging about my husband's job opportunities when (if....fingers crossed!) we go over.
Reading the forum has put my mind at rest on a lot of issues.....thanks!
Just thought I'd say hiya and any advice, comments etc about the general process or where's good to live in Melbourne would be much appreciated.

Krissy x
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: State Nominated Skilled Visa to Victoria

Originally posted by krissy
Hiya,

My huband, kids and myself are just starting the process of emigrating to Oz.
So far we are getting the skills assessment details together. He's a panel beater (there's a shortage of 'em in Melbourne apparently!). So after we've trawled through that it's everything crossed for a favourable decision!
We are hoping for state nomination, so that'll be the next hurdle. We have got a migration agent who has been really helpful so far.
We've also been in contact with some emplyers over in Melbourne who were very encouraging about my husband's job opportunities when (if....fingers crossed!) we go over.
Reading the forum has put my mind at rest on a lot of issues.....thanks!
Just thought I'd say hiya and any advice, comments etc about the general process or where's good to live in Melbourne would be much appreciated.

Krissy x

Hi krissy,

I too am going STNI to Victoria, just as a guide my skills assessment took 6 weeks to return, my application to Melbourne for STNI took only 1 week and I have lodged my full application which was signed for in Adelaide on 15 Dec 03

Good Luck, Andy

PS I have an agent also and I am convinced that as they deal with DIMIA ect on a regular basis they recognise the good ones and it speeds it all up.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Andy,

Thanks for the info.
I will let you know how we get on.
Alan at Go Matilda is acting for us and has been super so far.
I hope that things all go well for you, do you have any idea where you will be living yet? Incidentally, what is your occupation?
Good luck!
Kris
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

hi Krissy,

I'm a carpenter/joiner and we hope to be settling in the Eastern Suburbs - Ferntree Gully, Glen Waverley or somewhere near.

Off to get the boys from school now

Andy
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

We are looking at Glen Waverley too.
Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Kris
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Krissy

I'm a Vehicle Paint Sprayer by trade and the family and i are flying out to Melbourne on the 29th on March this year after getting our Permanant Residance visa in November.
We went down the exact same route as yourself, state nomination and TRA assessment etc, so if you have any questions ask away.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Hi Krissy

I'm a Vehicle Paint Sprayer by trade and the family and i are flying out to Melbourne on the 29th on March this year after getting our Permanant Residance visa in November.
We went down the exact same route as yourself, state nomination and TRA assessment etc, so if you have any questions ask away.
Thanks Fuzzy,

You may regret that after I fire thousands of questions your way! (just kidding....probably only hundreds!)
So I take it you had no problems getting your trade recognised then?
Paul (the other half.....won't call him hubby, after reading that thread!) has the City and Guilds NVQ, loads of courses and experience under his belt, so here's hoping we will be OK.
How long did it all take for your visas to be granted?

Kris
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Krissy

Like your husband, i too have NVQ qualifications which are essential for your TRA assessmant so you should be fine.
The whole visa process took around 18 months from start to finish but that could have been a lot quicker if i got my finger out.
I think the biggest hurdle will be the TRA assessmant which has to be very detailed especially the job description which you have to write. Stick with it though and prepare for a stressful year or so
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Hiya Fuzzy,

We were getting all the stuff together last night for the skills assessment. My head hurts now!
Glad to hear the NVQ stuff is what they need for the formal qualifications. His bosses are writing his reference and we have all his certs and thatcham training stuff. Do you have any idea what his bosses need to write on the reference?

Kris
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Wheresthesense is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by krissy
We are looking at Glen Waverley too.
Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Kris
I can give you some advice on suburbs. I live here (since last May).

Ferntree Gully is a very different suburb to Glen Waverley.

GW is better by a long way for schools BUT you will pay about $200K more for the same house in Ferntree Gully. I worked I could send my kids to private schools for less than the difference.

GW is closer to the city too. (About half way there compared to FG)

Any advice on the burbs let me know via email.

Steve