Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stat decs for tra pleasssse help???

Stat decs for tra pleasssse help???

Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:22 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default Stat decs for tra pleasssse help???

Hi we are new on this site and are just starting the process which is scaring the hell out of me right now, so much stuff to do can someone help.

Hubby is a carpenter and dont really know what to write in the stat decs.
Been reading alot on here about them already but making me more confused!!!
Can someone please help us

lew and kate
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stat decs for tra pleasssse help???

Originally Posted by lewandkate
Hi we are new on this site and are just starting the process which is scaring the hell out of me right now, so much stuff to do can someone help.

Hubby is a carpenter and dont really know what to write in the stat decs.
Been reading alot on here about them already but making me more confused!!!
Can someone please help us

lew and kate

You only need stat decs if you can't provide a reference from an employer. We had one that we couldnt get as they had ceased trading, so we asked one of the former managers to provide us a reference stating that he worked with my Hubby at said place from x year to x year. He placed it on a letterhead from his new company and it was fine
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:34 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
You only need stat decs if you can't provide a reference from an employer. We had one that we couldnt get as they had ceased trading, so we asked one of the former managers to provide us a reference stating that he worked with my Hubby at said place from x year to x year. He placed it on a letterhead from his new company and it was fine

Thanks for your help do you know if that applies to those who have been self employed aswell
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lewandkate
Thanks for your help do you know if that applies to those who have been self employed aswell
Self employed carpenters have a different set of criteria. It's all detailed on the TRA requirement sheet. If you've got any specific questions pm me. My hubby is a s/e carpenter and we sent our TRA off last week.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Self employed carpenters have a different set of criteria. It's all detailed on the TRA requirement sheet. If you've got any specific questions pm me. My hubby is a s/e carpenter and we sent our TRA off last week.

Thanks Suzy, leave it with you as my hubby has never been self employed. Don't want to be giving OP wrong advice.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Suzy, leave it with you as my hubby has never been self employed. Don't want to be giving OP wrong advice.

What, you mean you're keeping quite - OMG :scared:

Cheers mate

suzy x
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:47 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What, you mean you're keeping quite - OMG :scared:

Cheers mate

suzy x
I know

I'm too hungover to care today, I haven't even washed up from this morning
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

I know

I'm too hungover to care today, I haven't even washed up from this morning

Ah but were the kids late for school this morning as well
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah but were the kids late for school this morning as well
No, couldn't wait to get rid of them
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

No, couldn't wait to get rid of them

Yeah we were early for once

So early that the flaming gate wasn't open

Anyway we're off topic aren't we - my fault as usual - are we on the Barbie with this one - I've been flipping from t'other today.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Suzy,

I'm in the same trade as your hubby and I have done a few statutory declarations as I have been self-employed / in business most of my working life. He will have to prove that he's been self-employed and provide invoices from suppliers, letters from architects, contractors, sub-contractors, inland revenue, advertisements, Federation of Master Builders, trade accounts, legal and accountancy letters / correspondence etc.

As much stuff to verify he's been working will do the trick according to my agent.

Hope this helps?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:45 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Hi Suzy,

I'm in the same trade as your hubby and I have done a few statutory declarations as I have been self-employed / in business most of my working life. He will have to prove that he's been self-employed and provide invoices from suppliers, letters from architects, contractors, sub-contractors, inland revenue, advertisements, Federation of Master Builders, trade accounts, legal and accountancy letters / correspondence etc.

As much stuff to verify he's been working will do the trick according to my agent.

Hope this helps?
Great shout! Spot on advise!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Hi Suzy,

Hope this helps?

Thanks LoneRanger

Think you might have pressed the wrong reply button. This is good advice for the OP - we've already sent our TRA off.

Just to add - the OP said they don't know where to start so I wondered if they've got Booklet 6 for info.

Also Q7 on the TRA form needs to be quite detailed.

If the OP hasn't done so already they can download the TRA Pre-Migration Trade Skills Assessment sheet that gives the evidence required for both employed and self employed tradesmen.

I can't post links so perhaps someone else can help there.

Suzy x