Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stat Decs & Form 888

Stat Decs & Form 888

Old Jul 25th 2004, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

jimcrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stat Decs & Form 888

We are in the process of getting stat decs written by family and friends in Oz and will be applying for Spouse visa from within the UK. Have read many of the posts on stat decs but still unclear. Here are our queries:

1. Do we need to have our stat decs completed by Australian family and friends on Form 888?

2. Regarding stat decs by family and friends in the UK who are British citizens do we just have them write a standard stat dec certified by the appropriate UK authorities?

Thanks in advance
JimCrow
Old Jul 25th 2004, 7:02 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi!

1. Do we need to have our stat decs completed by Australian family and friends on Form 888?

A. We used Form 888 for the Oz ones...

2. Regarding stat decs by family and friends in the UK who are British citizens do we just have them write a standard stat dec certified by the appropriate UK authorities?

A. We did not use stat decs for our family & friends in the UK we just asked them to write out statements showing full name, address and telephone numbers and just sign them..

Hubby's Spouse Visa (which was front end loaded) took just 3 working days to be issued...

Best of luck!!

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2004, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stat Decs & Form 888

Originally posted by jimcrow
We are in the process of getting stat decs written by family and friends in Oz and will be applying for Spouse visa from within the UK. Have read many of the posts on stat decs but still unclear. Here are our queries:

Thanks in advance
JimCrow

Hello

We are putting my hubbys application in this week(fingers crossed) I had a similar problem last week when I saw someone mention about the statements being signed by a solicitor....

We are using an agent and I called them up in a panic as all of our letters from friends are just that, letters. My agent told me that at the moment, in London, they are not requiring them to be stat decs nor witnessed by a solicitor. He had just applied for the same visa with only letters and his application was granted within days.

Good luck

Hels
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the forms you need 2 stat decs done by Aussies or Aussie PRs.

In reality you can get statements done on 888s in Britain despite the document having no validity under UK law.

The AHC will take statements and it is not even clear whether they have to be witnessed by a person of authoriy or standing. I got a head master to witness one statement and a non practising solicitor to witness another.

Hopefully this is an area that can be clarified in future booklets and forms.

DIMIA in Australia handling onshore applications enforce the 2 stat dec much more strictly.