Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stat decs again..

Stat decs again..

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:03 am
Just Joined

BostonHouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stat decs again..

Some thing I forgot to ask in my last post.

regarding stat decs, have you written up a generic email or have you left it up to the person who is writing the stat dec for you?
And how in depth would their stat decs have to be?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:17 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stat decs again..

Originally posted by BostonHouse
Some thing I forgot to ask in my last post.

regarding stat decs, have you written up a generic email or have you left it up to the person who is writing the stat dec for you?
And how in depth would their stat decs have to be?
Hello again...

When asking people to do stat decs for us, I've given them a set of 'guidelines' to help them along. I've attached a copy. It kind of stands for both UK and Oz stat decs. Form 888 for the aussie lot makes it much clearer what to write and how much. Not so easy for the non-aussies. I'll attach a blank UK stat dec for you too.

Got our first Oz stat dec back yesterday - if I remember, I'll scan it and you can have a copy to see what sort of things people can write
Attached Files
File Type: doc
for bex.doc (21.0 KB, 198 views)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:18 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Hello again...

When asking people to do stat decs for us, I've given them a set of 'guidelines' to help them along. I've attached a copy. It kind of stands for both UK and Oz stat decs. Form 888 for the aussie lot makes it much clearer what to write and how much. Not so easy for the non-aussies. I'll attach a blank UK stat dec for you too.

Got our first Oz stat dec back yesterday - if I remember, I'll scan it and you can have a copy to see what sort of things people can write

And here's the blank stat dec...
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:18 am
She's a bird, you know

And here's the blank stat dec...

GRRR...here it is!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
uk stat dec - use this.doc (25.0 KB, 167 views)
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:42 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Very useful info on the 2 posts Bundy.

TT

GRRR...here it is!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to Bundy's post, if you're concerned that the content of the stat decs won't be sufficient if the other people are just left to write it themselves, then maybe you could write it yourself (without your signing).

Of course you must give them the opportunity to check for accuracy and only if they're satisfied ask them to sign it in the presence of an authorised signatory. (Can't think why this should be a problem. Anybody?)

As for how in-depth the stat decs have to be, I would say if your unsure whether to put something in - put it in (thinking better to over provide than under provide).

Up to you though....
Old Jan 14th 2004, 11:30 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by young_lad
Just to add to Bundy's post, if you're concerned that the content of the stat decs won't be sufficient if the other people are just left to write it themselves, then maybe you could write it yourself (without your signing).

Of course you must give them the opportunity to check for accuracy and only if they're satisfied ask them to sign it in the presence of an authorised signatory. (Can't think why this should be a problem. Anybody?)

As for how in-depth the stat decs have to be, I would say if your unsure whether to put something in - put it in (thinking better to over provide than under provide).

Up to you though....
It's an option, but I wouldn't reccommend it. Stat decs are legally binding documents, and there is always a possibility that they'll be followed up. I think the best idea is to give people some pointers - maybe discuss it on the phone as they write stuff down. That way it's all above board and it will clearly be written in a style different to your own.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

we've just sent our 2 stat decs (form 888) to family in australia. We just sent them blank forms, and wrote up what they had to say in relation to each question on a separate piece of paper, so they could either copy it or use as a guideline. As long as they believe what is written is a true account, and sign the statement to this effect, then we dont foresee any problems.