Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stat Dec Verification Question

Stat Dec Verification Question

Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Stat Dec Verification Question

Hi everyone,
When someone writes a stat dec for you, do they have to physically take it in themselves to a notary or similar and sign it infront of them? Is it ok for the person to write it and sign it and then you take it in to be signed by the correct person? My gran is going to write one for us but she doesn't get out much because she's very old. Would this mean she'd need to attend the place where it gets certified?
Thanks
Tracy
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

SCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stat Dec Verification Question

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
When someone writes a stat dec for you, do they have to physically take it in themselves to a notary or similar and sign it infront of them? Is it ok for the person to write it and sign it and then you take it in to be signed by the correct person? My gran is going to write one for us but she doesn't get out much because she's very old. Would this mean she'd need to attend the place where it gets certified?
Thanks
Tracy
Hiya Tracy

Yes hun has to be a witnessed signature.

Soz. You could find out the cost of a home visit?

Hope this helps

SCoop
Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Thanks
Tracy
If it is just a family one confirming how she sees your relationship, they don't need certifying. If you want to get them certified then yes she would have to go in and sign it in front of the certifier otherwise there is no way to prove that you didn't make her and the statement up.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Hi and thanks for the replies. I have another question then. If your family are doing their little thing about saying how long they've known you and that the relationship is genuine etc, does this mean it doesn't have to be certified and written as a stat dec? I'm a little confused. I thought all statements were to be written as stat decs and therefore were to be witnessed by someone who has authority to do so?
Thanks again
Tracy
Old May 1st 2006, 10:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks for the replies. I have another question then. If your family are doing their little thing about saying how long they've known you and that the relationship is genuine etc, does this mean it doesn't have to be certified and written as a stat dec? I'm a little confused. I thought all statements were to be written as stat decs and therefore were to be witnessed by someone who has authority to do so?
Thanks again
Tracy
The only ones that were certified on my application were the two 888 Aussie ones. All my UK family and friends one's were just written with their address at the top but using the Stat Dec beginning:

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I, friend of address do solemnly and sincerely declare blah blah blah and ended with

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular

Signature

Didn't need certifying. Got the visa in about 5 days.
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again everyone for the help. Here's another question. Do all the copies of photos, bills, letters, invitations etc also need to be certified? Or is it just official documents like passports, driving licence etc?
Thanks
Tracy
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We put originals of bills, lease, invitations, letters etc as they are all returned We applied in person though so there was no danger of them going missing in the post!
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks again everyone for the help. Here's another question. Do all the copies of photos, bills, letters, invitations etc also need to be certified? Or is it just official documents like passports, driving licence etc?
Thanks
Tracy
Just the official documents and we did the copies of bills. Not the rest. If in the UK you don't go in person and they won't return any originals so only send the Passport as well as a certified copy of it. Sending the passport at the same time speeds the process up but remember to include a pre paid and self addressed special delivery envelope as well.
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

One last little question (hopefully) regarding this whole certification and stat dec thing. Is it ok for the stat decs to be typed up? It looks nicer and some people are rubbish at writing lol.
Thanks.
Tracy
Old May 24th 2006, 6:56 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

One last little question (hopefully) regarding this whole certification and stat dec thing. Is it ok for the stat decs to be typed up? It looks nicer and some people are rubbish at writing lol.
Thanks.
Tracy

There is no problem with the Stat Decs being typed. All of mine were done on the computer and then just signed and certified at the solicitors. Its probably better to have them typed up anyway cos I am sure that it makes them easier for DIMIA to read rather having to decipher someone's crap handwriting....lol.

Wendy