Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stat Dec re. Ex Husband

Stat Dec re. Ex Husband

Old May 1st 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Stat Dec re. Ex Husband

Hi Guys

Well after a few weeks of my daughter, Agency and solicitor ringing my Ex I still haven't had a reply to the affect that he will give me a copy of his passport (so the chances are very slim).

As far as he his concerned in an email to my daughter he came up to Lancaster last year signed a Stat Dec and that I was never to contact him again and he isn't now willing to provide any further evidence in the matter.

So, the Agency have asked me to provide a Stat Dec to the affect that because I cannot get him to provide one, they said to focus on the compassionate and compelling reasons as to why I cannot resolve the situation, pointing out that I have gone to all lengths to bring this to amicable end.

Has anybody else had to do this please and if so can you please pm as to the type of things you put in it.

I am so annoyed that he has a hold on my future but I will not give up, sorry for the moan
but feel better now I have got it off my chest.

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK
Old May 1st 2007, 10:08 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stat Dec re. Ex Husband

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Hi Guys

Well after a few weeks of my daughter, Agency and solicitor ringing my Ex I still haven't had a reply to the affect that he will give me a copy of his passport (so the chances are very slim).

As far as he his concerned in an email to my daughter he came up to Lancaster last year signed a Stat Dec and that I was never to contact him again and he isn't now willing to provide any further evidence in the matter.

So, the Agency have asked me to provide a Stat Dec to the affect that because I cannot get him to provide one, they said to focus on the compassionate and compelling reasons as to why I cannot resolve the situation, pointing out that I have gone to all lengths to bring this to amicable end.

Has anybody else had to do this please and if so can you please pm as to the type of things you put in it.

I am so annoyed that he has a hold on my future but I will not give up, sorry for the moan

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK
Hi Debbie....no answers for you hun, but wanting to wish you luck...... I think I will find myself in a similar situation, although to the extent that I don't think my ex will sign anything....fingers crossed someone on here will come up with an idea for you. E x
Old May 1st 2007, 10:19 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK
I cannot help you I'm afraid sorry

It does help to have a rant about things like this, so please feel free and I hope that once you have the declaration done that your troubles are over
Old May 1st 2007, 10:31 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

a different situation, but i had to do a stat dec, with regards to my eldest daughters father, who we hadnt seen for 5 years at the time, just said that we had had no contact from him. we got visa granted without any further questions on the matter, so fingers crossed for you. wouldnt worry about putting too much detail in, just put the basic facts. good luck!!
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

You might want to point out that he can't be expected to have a passport in the first place (not everyone has one).

If all else fails, you should discuss with your solicitor whether the Stat Dec will be admissible evidence should you need to seek a Court Order. How old is your daughter?
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:06 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

There seems to be quite a few of us in the same situation on BE. My ex is not even British (Austrian) and lives over there. He has not seen my daughter since she was 6 mth old and that was at the divorce hearing, she is now nearing 14yrs old. He just ignores us, me my family, solical workers and solicitors. We are now getting her adopted, something that we wanted to do anyway once she was old enough to fully understand what was going on. We have been told that even if he does not give premission that the court will do what is best for her and grant the adoption. Barring that you can get court orders to remove children from the UK. Even if an ex partner disagrees, if the court feels the move is in the best interests of the child then they will allow the move. I was advised that if I had to do a stat dec to say that I tried to contact the birth father then to include a letter from the solicitor and social worker and then paint a picture of the situation and your attempts to contact him. MY OH goes MAD at the thought that he has this
hold over us, but hopefully not for long.

There does seems to be light at the end of he tunnel as far as this situation goes and visa's, but I feel for you, me and all other perents in this situation. Its stinks and the selfishness of the ex's is incredible.

There's my rant, I've been meaning to do it for a while. Good luck to all in the same poition.