Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting your own business in Oz

Starting your own business in Oz

Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:05 pm
Sydney bound

davoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nicedavoaj is just really nice
Default Starting your own business in Oz

Afternoon all

Not long now until I head off to Sydney, just waiting on the Mrs’ 457 visa to be confirmed in line with her 25 October start date. Hopefully we’ll be able to get our flight booked this week and get a week to acclimatise before she starts work.

A company called Toll Transitions have been appointed as out relocation agent, so we’re looking forward to finding a place to live with a bit of their help. I’m thinking it’ll be a bit like relocation relocation but without the cameras!

Anyway, back on point. As a secondary applicant to a 457 visa, is there any restriction on you setting up your own business whilst in Australia? An opportunity has been presented to me and whilst I’m keen to look in to it and explore its feasibility I want to check that I will be allowed to operate as a director/shareholder of my own business in Australia whilst not a permanent resident.

I am of course looking in to this through more formal avenues but in the meantime thought I’d see if the knowledge bank of the forum could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

AJ