Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a Thread

Wikiposts

Starting a Thread

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a Thread

Originally posted by userjay
BEING a newbie (feelin like smthin out of a wonka chocolate factory)i have been greedily reading most of the posts & threads in the forum from day 1.av sometimes felt my opinions have been a bit out of place,but then it suddenly dawned on me that no 1 actualy listens to a word i say lol,light relief for a straight talkin self opinionated arse like myself. the moral of my story is.newbies dont fear & say wat you say,cause theres a fair old chance,there not listing aneway!!! lol
I am!!

But anyway...I think a reason is because most of 'us' (the us changes constantly) know each other so 'well' so people don't have to explain themselves as much and also start having conversations about anything/everything.
But 'newbies' are usually 'let in' very quickly I reckon, you don't even notice the transition anyway.
There's also so many people on here, I can't even keep up with who's old and who's new.
It's more dependant on how much you post I guess, which is logical. Now that Timber is mosting so much, it already feels like he has been on here for ages!

But you really must see it as a community, with some more addicted than others!
(I'm now home from work, and just keep on posting... Yes, I have NO life! Well, I see this as part of my life! And if anybody thinks that wierd.... well, I think it's wierd that young people go out every week and drink so much, and that's considered normal! I do go out sometimes by the way , but not every week, it gets boring!)
Another bit of DD by Simon with an e (I think my brother always called me that!)
My Australian friend calls me dim sim
Here they are called loempia's, so that doesn't work!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:21 am
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Starting a Thread

Originally posted by Simone82
I am!!

But anyway...I think a reason is because most of 'us' (the us changes constantly) know each other so 'well' so people don't have to explain themselves as much and also start having conversations about anything/everything.
But 'newbies' are usually 'let in' very quickly I reckon, you don't even notice the transition anyway.
There's also so many people on here, I can't even keep up with who's old and who's new.
It's more dependant on how much you post I guess, which is logical. Now that Timber is mosting so much, it already feels like he has been on here for ages!

But you really must see it as a community, with some more addicted than others!
(I'm now home from work, and just keep on posting... Yes, I have NO life! Well, I see this as part of my life! And if anybody thinks that wierd.... well, I think it's wierd that young people go out every week and drink so much, and that's considered normal! I do go out sometimes by the way , but not every week, it gets boring!)
Another bit of DD by Simon with an e (I think my brother always called me that!)
My Australian friend calls me dim sim
Here they are called loempia's, so that doesn't work!
I thank you graciously for your empathy,but honestly it realy isnt required i have never realy been hung up on wat ever ppl think about me or if i fit into a cleak.''i am what i am & what i am ............... !!! ne way ta muchness for your genuine concern