Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting school in Perth.

Starting school in Perth.

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Starting school in Perth.

Know this question has probably been asked thousand times, but Ill ask again
Bethany my daughter will be 5 in April. What age does she start school. I noticed some states etc were different.
Thanks
Carole
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Default Re: Starting school in Perth.

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Know this question has probably been asked thousand times, but Ill ask again
Bethany my daughter will be 5 in April. What age does she start school. I noticed some states etc were different.
Thanks
Carole
She would be pre primary as she turns 5 in April 2006. Then in Jan 2007 she would start Year 1 i.e. the year she turns 6.
Ali
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AliMay
She would be pre primary as she turns 5 in April 2006. Then in Jan 2007 she would start Year 1 i.e. the year she turns 6.
Ali
Thanks Ali for that. That is what I thought, it was someone had mentioned it could be January of next year she started. Good another year with my babes.
carole
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have a link for schools in and around perth area? primary schools that is.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rooksie
does anyone have a link for schools in and around perth area? primary schools that is.
http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/index.asp
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Quokka

thank you thank you. dont suppose you got catholic schools web address..????
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

thank you thank you. dont suppose you got catholic schools web address..????
Rooksie if you google catholic education WA the web site comes up. I've been furvently researching this for my 3 . The diemma is to continue with Cath. Ed or not. Not massively religious but its what we are all used to and I would like them to get confirmed etc.
I suppose its a case of "once a Catholic..."
Good luck
Gillian
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Rooksie if you google catholic education WA the web site comes up. I've been furvently researching this for my 3 . The diemma is to continue with Cath. Ed or not. Not massively religious but its what we are all used to and I would like them to get confirmed etc.
I suppose its a case of "once a Catholic..."
Good luck
Gillian

same here!!! i went to a convent (hard to believe i know!!) and my girls are currently at a catholic school. youre lucky if you see me in church easter and xmas!!! but like you say, what youre used to!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:30 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

same here!!! i went to a convent (hard to believe i know!!) and my girls are currently at a catholic school. youre lucky if you see me in church easter and xmas!!! but like you say, what youre used to!!
I know what you mean, though I've had to go to church more frequently as eldest was an alter server. (sometimes used to drop her of and go shopping :scared: )

I went to a Convent school as well - sadly my daughter goes to the same one...can't believe I'm inflicting it on her sometimes
Husband schooled by those gentle folk, the Christian Brothers in Ireland - not much "christianity" in their methods of schooling !
Are you going to Perth ? We are - just waiting on our final decision. Our agent reckons we ought to hear something before the end of June so everythings crossed (the nuns would be proud )
Gillian
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
I know what you mean, though I've had to go to church more frequently as eldest was an alter server. (sometimes used to drop her of and go shopping :scared: )

I went to a Convent school as well - sadly my daughter goes to the same one...can't believe I'm inflicting it on her sometimes
Husband schooled by those gentle folk, the Christian Brothers in Ireland - not much "christianity" in their methods of schooling !
Are you going to Perth ? We are - just waiting on our final decision. Our agent reckons we ought to hear something before the end of June so everythings crossed (the nuns would be proud )
Gillian

still puts the fear of god in me now when i think - did you notice that all nuns have huge hands!!!

my claim to fame is that johnny Briggs (aka Mike Baldwin) daughter went to my school - and she was thick as a plank!!

yeah, we are hoping for perth but very early stages yet. about to submit our second TRA and hoping for STNI with WA.

sounds like you will get there way way before us so keep me posted!!