Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting our the long and winding road.......

Wikiposts

Starting our the long and winding road.......

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

brofra is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Starting our the long and winding road.......

Wow! What a lot of information.........addicted already!!

We are just starting out our adventure having made the "decision" to try and get to Australia in the next 2 years.

DH is a motor mechanic by trade but now in a service manager role, hopefully he will get in on his trade qualifications and added points for sought after occupation! I am not a graduate, I am firstly an administrative worker but am currently child minding while my children are young.

We are gathering information to submit our TRA, ANY help offered with setting out this enormous task will be gratefully accepted, it is one of those things that seems insurmountable, especially as we cannot find DH's trade test certificate which he did in South Africa ( near to impossible to get a copy).

DH is keen on NSW, I dont mind where we go so long as the sun shines and we can afford it!

Looking forward to being active on this board!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 7:32 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting our the long and winding road.......

Originally Posted by brofra

We are just starting out our adventure having made the "decision" to try and get to Australia in the next 2 years.

DH is a motor mechanic by trade but now in a service manager role, hopefully he will get in on his trade qualifications and added points for sought after occupation! I am not a graduate, I am firstly an administrative worker but am currently child minding while my children are young.

We are gathering information to submit our TRA, ANY help offered with setting out this enormous task will be gratefully accepted, it is one of those things that seems insurmountable, especially as we cannot find DH's trade test certificate which he did in South Africa ( near to impossible to get a copy).

DH is keen on NSW, I dont mind where we go so long as the sun shines and we can afford it!

Hi there,

Can't help with the TRA question as we were ACS but just to say hallo and welcome to the forum!

Nicky
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:03 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Hello fellow newbie. The getting the visa bit is all over for us, we didn't do the TRA route but if I can help with anything else, I'll be glad to
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Hello and welcome.

We are doing our TRA at the moment so let me know if I can be any help. Its for a different occupation though as my husband is a Sheet Metal Worker and its on the modl list.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the looney bin. You will find stacks of info and useful people with immigration advice on the immi forum. Good luck with it.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:34 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Welcome to the looney bin. You will find stacks of info and useful people with immigration advice on the immi forum. Good luck with it.
and then again you may not, but it's all good fun
welcome aboard
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
and then again you may not, but it's all good fun
welcome aboard
More chance there than here. Nowt but pish over on this side
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:03 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
More chance there than here. Nowt but pish over on this side

agree with you there
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:04 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forum brofra !!! good luck with your application
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Duane W is an unknown quantity at this point

especially as we cannot find DH's trade test certificate which he did in South Africa ( near to impossible to get a copy).
Actually very easy to get. I got my contract, trade test reults and A class mechanics certificate on the same day in the same place.

Phone the department of manpower I dont have the number anymore.
They are in the laboria building in Pretoria I dealt with Ester.

Last edited by Duane W; Aug 25th 2006 at 4:25 am.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:33 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE brofra you'll find loads of info on this site you just have to keep checking the different forums regularly! On The Barbie forum there is an addicted to BE thread feel welcome to join us Good Luck with your app.
Andrea
xx
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:59 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I PM-ed you to say Hi after reading your blog. I agree with everyone else - I have been a member for 3 weeks and pretty addicted already. I even have my favourite and least favourite posters.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:34 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE Brofra, good luck with your application!

Jackie
Old Aug 29th 2006, 2:01 am
Just Joined

brofra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Duane W
Actually very easy to get. I got my contract, trade test reults and A class mechanics certificate on the same day in the same place.

Phone the department of manpower I dont have the number anymore.
They are in the laboria building in Pretoria I dealt with Ester.
Thank you so much for your advice! I have been trying to contact Oliphantsfontein with little success!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Duane W is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your advice! I have been trying to contact Oliphantsfontein with little success!
I tried Olifantsfontein over December so you can imagine the frustration. Once I got hold of the right number it was quick I drove through to Pretoria and basically waited while they did the lot.

The TRA is pretty easy once you get going on it just supply as much detail as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.