Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting new business

Starting new business

Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:13 am
Just Joined

lilshink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting new business

hey everybody! New to this but thought i'd give it a go.
Anyway we live in cairns and are struggling for work. We are currently employed with a cleaning company but they are stuck for work.
We want to start a business of our own but need some advice on what insurance is needed and how to go about tax etc.
I know its a long shot but any advice or help would be great
Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:37 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Starting new business

Here is a start
http://www.midas.net.au/cgi-bin/page.cgi?midasS+84

This is actually something I spent a bit of time looking at, but came across many obstacles in getting a quote for domestic cleaning, for a new business.

I didn't try the above, as I didn't see them at the time.

The quotes that I did see, for domestic accidental damage liability, were, in my mind, expensive.

The tax bit is easy, all income less ALL expences = net profit to be added to your tax return.

I will be interested to see how you get on...

Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

This might be of interest:

http://www.neis.com.au/
Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:13 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Try Aon Insurance. They offer a huge range of professional indemnity and public liability insurance products to a wide range of services.

Switchboard: +61 2 9253 7000

I can recommend them personally and that way your dealing with the company directly too rather than a broker. I find them very very reasonable for a small business.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

lilshink is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys thats really helpfull
Old Sep 30th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

There is a WEALTH of information on the government sites. I have just started my own business, and I took my lead from there. I do not have time to post the links now, but I am sure that with a little patient searching, you can find them. Qld government sites are exceptional with the amount of info they provide.
Good Luck !

Nix