Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a New Business

Starting a New Business

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Starting a New Business

Hi, All.
My family and I are planning to migrate to Oz next year and my OH is intending to start a new marketing agency in the Brisbane area. I would like to hear of any of your experiences in starting up a new business,good or bad.
I am a registered nurse so we will have some money coming in, but obviously the success of our migration depends on his making a success of his business, as he has done here. We are really looking forward to coming over, but are getting really nervous, having recently read so much on cost of living/mortgages, taxes and exchange rates. We don't expect to get everything straight away and are more than prepared to work hard, but we want to know that we will end up with more than just bills at the end of the day!
Thanks in advance for any replies,

Tracey
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:57 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a New Business

Originally Posted by dandan1
Hi, All.
My family and I are planning to migrate to Oz next year and my OH is intending to start a new marketing agency in the Brisbane area. I would like to hear of any of your experiences in starting up a new business,good or bad.
I am a registered nurse so we will have some money coming in, but obviously the success of our migration depends on his making a success of his business, as he has done here. We are really looking forward to coming over, but are getting really nervous, having recently read so much on cost of living/mortgages, taxes and exchange rates. We don't expect to get everything straight away and are more than prepared to work hard, but we want to know that we will end up with more than just bills at the end of the day!
Thanks in advance for any replies,

Tracey
Unless you pay cash for everything, then you do end up with bills at the end of the day, week and month.

Its no different to the UK.

You get it use it want it break it, you pay for it.!

Good luck with Migration

Ste
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Pardon?
This helps with my query how?
I was asking for advice on starting a new business, I know all about bills.
Thanks.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Pardon?
This helps with my query how?
I was asking for advice on starting a new business, I know all about bills.
Thanks.
We don't expect to get everything straight away and are more than prepared to work hard, but we want to know that we will end up with more than just bills at the end of the day!
Exactly my point.

Chill your beans, get off your high horse, and dont be so aggressive.

Ste
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:19 am
Banned

If your husband has run a business in the UK, then he should be ok in Oz.

Its no different.

Accountants, Tax, GST.

Marketing... business plan, bank acct, tax file number...

not sure as an experienced business owner what you want to know
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou. I apologise if you think I was being aggressive I can assure you I wasn't, I was just surprised at your reply. And I'm on no high horse.
I haven't been on BE for very long and was enjoying reading and replying to a few of the threads but you've really put me off now. Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:39 am
Banned

Thankyou. I apologise if you think I was being aggressive I can assure you I wasn't, I was just surprised at your reply. And I'm on no high horse.
I haven't been on BE for very long and was enjoying reading and replying to a few of the threads but you've really put me off now. Thanks
LOL

Amazing !

[ dumbfounded ]