Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Starting a New Business?

Starting a New Business?

Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starting a New Business?

yes, I`m still here in Oz for those who know me and wondering if i am heading back or not, things have changed and we are now a lot more settled and going to give it a go

Anyway, i was just wondering how many of us have here have started their own business, what type, and how you are getting on with it.

I am having a website built just now and was sent a basic snapshot of roughtly how it will look,and just wondered what you guys thought of it as i aint sure about how its set out.

i aint advertising so i hope the thread doesnt get shut down
Attached Thumbnails Starting a New Business?-test-website.jpg  
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a New Business?

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
yes, I`m still here in Oz for those who know me and wondering if i am heading back or not, things have changed and we are now a lot more settled and going to give it a go

Anyway, i was just wondering how many of us have here have started their own business, what type, and how you are getting on with it.

I am having a website built just now and was sent a basic snapshot of roughtly how it will look,and just wondered what you guys thought of it as i aint sure about how its set out.

Aw, good to hear from you and I'm glad you are feeling more settled.

The site looks good - nice colours and very easy to look at.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:41 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow i thought you would be the first to post to this thread

It has been a bit of a rollercoaster time for us wendy and although we did almost click the mouse to book our tickets back we are now glad that we didnt. Although we knew ourselves at the time that we didnt really try with (anything) it was really hard to get motivated and the easy get out was to head back. we still miss all the family and friends a lot but we have a few of them coming over in April for 6 weeks and in August for a month which we are looking forward to

Hows things over there?

Originally Posted by Wendy
Aw, good to hear from you and I'm glad you are feeling more settled.

The site looks good - nice colours and very easy to look at.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow i thought you would be the first to post to this thread

It has been a bit of a rollercoaster time for us wendy and although we did almost click the mouse to book our tickets back we are now glad that we didnt. Although we knew ourselves at the time that we didnt really try with (anything) it was really hard to get motivated and the easy get out was to head back. we still miss all the family and friends a lot but we have a few of them coming over in April for 6 weeks and in August for a month which we are looking forward to

Hows things over there?
I thought you'd expect me to answer first, didn't want to let you down

It's great when people visit, I bet you can't wait.

Things are good here, I've just passed my driving test
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:29 pm
UK is Home

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m just glad that you dont live too close to me though. i dont have to look left or right when i come to a Green light incase your coming the other way

I thought you'd expect me to answer first, didn't want to let you down

It's great when people visit, I bet you can't wait.

Things are good here, I've just passed my driving test
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m just glad that you dont live too close to me though. i dont have to look left or right when i come to a Green light incase your coming the other way

You know me too well
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear you and your family are settling in Sydney and wishing you all the best with your business.

Debbie
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:54 pm
UK is Home

Thanx Debbie

we are still a few weeks yet from going live online but hopefully when it does we can get the support from all the expats on here

how are you getting on anyway, when are you planning to head out here

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Good to hear you and your family are settling in Sydney and wishing you all the best with your business.

Debbie
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Thanx Debbie

we are still a few weeks yet from going live online but hopefully when it does we can get the support from all the expats on here

how are you getting on anyway, when are you planning to head out here

Hi John

Just had our meds yesterday, got our police checks back and waiting on the OH cousin lodging our bond (which is stressing me out as she is leaving it to the last minute!) Putting the house up for rent in the next few weeks and hopefully be out by May.

Debbie
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:30 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like an Ozcommerce website template.

Can give you a free one, similar to a site we did for a friend ( www.coolshyte.com ) the template cost $150 usd.

I think its a great idea, you have the entrepeneureal skill ( lol my spieling is shorking )

Go for it, as a guy thats ALWAYS been self employed, I cant recommend it highly enough, but get a good accountant , and be fastidious and realistic.

Even when nothing is happening keep busy, keep on the ball.. and keep plugging away.

Ste
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:12 am
UK is Home

thanks for the offer of the free website

I have been learning and building this on my own for a week or so now and if you guys dont mind give me some feedback on just the general setup. I know it looks really bare at the moment as there are no products added or checkout/basket amongst other things but i think (hope) that it has potential to look the part.

It bloody better cause you guys will all be buyin from me

Here it is >>>>> www.priceless-computing.com.au

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Looks like an Ozcommerce website template.

Can give you a free one, similar to a site we did for a friend ( www.coolshyte.com ) the template cost $150 usd.

I think its a great idea, you have the entrepeneureal skill ( lol my spieling is shorking )

Go for it, as a guy thats ALWAYS been self employed, I cant recommend it highly enough, but get a good accountant , and be fastidious and realistic.

Even when nothing is happening keep busy, keep on the ball.. and keep plugging away.

Ste
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks for the offer of the free website

I have been learning and building this on my own for a week or so now and if you guys dont mind give me some feedback on just the general setup. I know it looks really bare at the moment as there are no products added or checkout/basket amongst other things but i think (hope) that it has potential to look the part.

It bloody better cause you guys will all be buyin from me

Here it is >>>>> www.priceless-computing.com.au

On my normal setting of 1280 x 960, it looks OK, but if I change it to the one that most people use (1024 x 768) I have to scroll across to see the 'e-mail' us bit - I would get that into the main window if possible.

There's also some of the words getting crammed together on mine, mainly the shipping, contact us and whatever else it says on the right hand side and the All major credit cards accepted bit on the left. That's on both settings. That's in Internet Explorer, haven't looked in any other browser.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Setting up a business is really easy in Australia. In fact it was recently ranked number 1 for ease of starting a business (http://www.doingbusiness.org/Documen...ofiles/AUS.pdf) page 2 but have a look at Dealing with Licences (52!!!)
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:24 am
UK is Home

Thanx Wendy,

I aint as smart as i thought!!

I have took it offline till i get it sorted

On my normal setting of 1280 x 960, it looks OK, but if I change it to the one that most people use (1024 x 768) I have to scroll across to see the 'e-mail' us bit - I would get that into the main window if possible.

There's also some of the words getting crammed together on mine, mainly the shipping, contact us and whatever else it says on the right hand side and the All major credit cards accepted bit on the left. That's on both settings. That's in Internet Explorer, haven't looked in any other browser.

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Jan 20th 2008 at 5:27 am.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanx Wendy,

I aint as smart as i thought!!

I have took it offline till i get it sorted

That's the worst bit about building websites for me, getting it right for as many as possible

It's looking good though, not much needs adjusting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.