Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

starting to get worried about engineering jobs around adelaide

starting to get worried about engineering jobs around adelaide

Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default starting to get worried about engineering jobs around adelaide

I have been subscribing to 'Engineering Jobs Australia' looking for positions in engineering jobs in and around Adelaide. I've done searches and spoken to agencies. There seem to be precious little on line, the agencies are all enthusiastic and then go quiet. Has any one else found it to be like this? There seem to be a lot of jobs in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Is anyone else find the same problem? This is starting to worry me as we're supposed to be going in August and I need to put food on the table when I get there. DIMIA have said they don't have a problem if we swap our STNI visa to another state but I don't want to piss the SA govt off before we get there just in case I'm wrong.

Chris
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:52 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: starting to get worried about engineering jobs around adelaide

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I have been subscribing to 'Engineering Jobs Australia' looking for positions in engineering jobs in and around Adelaide. I've done searches and spoken to agencies. There seem to be precious little on line, the agencies are all enthusiastic and then go quiet. Has any one else found it to be like this? There seem to be a lot of jobs in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. Is anyone else find the same problem? This is starting to worry me as we're supposed to be going in August and I need to put food on the table when I get there. DIMIA have said they don't have a problem if we swap our STNI visa to another state but I don't want to piss the SA govt off before we get there just in case I'm wrong.

Chris
Hi Chris
We have recently arrived in Melbourne and its a great city. Would not worry about pissing SA govt off - if there arent the jobs the least thing they would want are more job seekers - The Fed govt on the other hand (the one you dont want to piss off) would rather you be working and paying tax. Have a look at TheAge.com.au. Good luck.

Shane
Old Apr 29th 2006, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Chris

Hi Chris,

It may be an idea to post this question on the Adelaide Brits site, they may have more idea.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...?showforum=238

I have heard that agencies are a bit slack at getting back to you, so I don't know how accurate their feedback is.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:03 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi Chris,

It may be an idea to post this question on the Adelaide Brits site, they may have more idea.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...?showforum=238

I have heard that agencies are a bit slack at getting back to you, so I don't know how accurate their feedback is.
Agencies are really slack. You have to really chase them hard.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:35 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Chris
Chris this project starts next year,http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/msd/sea4000/sea4000.cfm if the submarine project was any indication there will plenty of engineering jobs gowing in Adelaide, we are getting removal enquires already........... mm

Last edited by mr mover; Apr 30th 2006 at 1:39 am.