Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Started packing yesterday!

Started packing yesterday!

Old Feb 14th 2004, 8:47 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Started packing yesterday!

Brought home a load of cardboard boxes during the week and we started the packing yesterday. Dining room is now half full of boxes! Loads of clothes - packed, Eve's handbags and shoes - packed, Kid's cuddly toys - packed!

I know we've started a bit early but the reasoning behind the madness is that when we get viewers round to see the house, it will look emptier and tidier and therefore bigger! All the boxes will be in the garage! That reminds me...I must clear out the garage! Good job the Boot Sale weather is coming up.

Steve (Very organised and probably peaking a bit too early!)
Old Feb 14th 2004, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, make sure the garage is clean! No dirt or plant stuff on the boxes. apart from that the earlier you are organised the les oyu have to do later!
The other problem I had was that after sealing up the boxes, as per the instructions from the removal company, they then decided AFTER I'd left England that they wanted them done again after they'd checked them, and then charged me for opening them and resealing them!!! B^%^%^&y cheek, but not much I could do by then. Don't trust 'em an inch unless its in writing!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:28 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Pollyana
Steve, make sure the garage is clean! No dirt or plant stuff on the boxes. apart from that the earlier you are organised the les oyu have to do later!
The other problem I had was that after sealing up the boxes, as per the instructions from the removal company, they then decided AFTER I'd left England that they wanted them done again after they'd checked them, and then charged me for opening them and resealing them!!! B^%^%^&y cheek, but not much I could do by then. Don't trust 'em an inch unless its in writing!
Hi Pollyana,

I am expecting the removal company to repack them in their own boxes but it's just an easy way to keep the house clear at the moment. Don't worry about plant stuff on the boxes, we haven't done a thing to the garden since we bought the house in '97. Just cut the grass, that's all. (And we're not taking the lawnmower anyway!) No, the biggest problem is all the junk in the garage! I'm an electrician and the garage is almost floor to ceiling with stock and 'things-that-might-come-in-handy-one-day'.

So, until I clear out the garage, the boxes will be staying in the dining room!

Steve (Way over 1000 posts but nobody sends ME any dancing kangaroo's! Obviously not part of the 'in-crowd')
Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, if they are going to repack you should be OK!

Humble apologies about the Dancing Kangaroo.....thats the problem with a job where I have no internet. Even when the Bloke now keeping an eye out, I'm sadly slipping up. Nothing persona, I assure you.
However, here comes a very humble, apologetic, marsupial, just for you!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:13 am.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 12:02 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Thanks Poll,

And here's a little something for you....
Attached Thumbnails Started packing yesterday!-brewani.gif  
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Steve, Mr Organised as usual I see. Put numbers on the boxes and keep a list of the numbers.

What did Eve get you for valentines days?
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:08 pm
WBB

Originally posted by debsy
a roll of packing tape and a couple of sheets of bubble wrap no doubt.

Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

DawnBlayney is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry about plant stuff on the boxes, we haven't done a thing to the garden since we bought the house in '97. Just cut the grass, that's all. (And we're not taking the lawnmower anyway!)

Hi all,
Anyone know if a lawnmower is needed in NSW, do houses have grass or are you planning on getting another out there?
Thanks - Dawn
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by debsy
Steve, Mr Organised as usual I see. Put numbers on the boxes and keep a list of the numbers.

A card!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:24 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by DawnBlayney
Don't worry about plant stuff on the boxes, we haven't done a thing to the garden since we bought the house in '97. Just cut the grass, that's all. (And we're not taking the lawnmower anyway!)

Hi all,
Anyone know if a lawnmower is needed in NSW, do houses have grass or are you planning on getting another out there?
Thanks - Dawn
Get a new one when you get there! Apparently the grass is a lot harder. Probably due to all the beer that gets spilt on it!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

DawnBlayney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Get a new one when you get there! Apparently the grass is a lot harder. Probably due to all the beer that gets spilt on it!

Many thanks for that Steve - didn't know you got grass that was harder!
Dawn
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:54 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Started packing yesterday!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Brought home a load of cardboard boxes during the week and we started the packing yesterday. Dining room is now half full of boxes! Loads of clothes - packed, Eve's handbags and shoes - packed, Kid's cuddly toys - packed!

I know we've started a bit early but the reasoning behind the madness is that when we get viewers round to see the house, it will look emptier and tidier and therefore bigger! All the boxes will be in the garage! That reminds me...I must clear out the garage! Good job the Boot Sale weather is coming up.

Steve (Very organised and probably peaking a bit too early!)
don't forget to pack the bunny or Jill will come looking for it......:scared:

Good luck Steve.

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)
Perth 2004......